Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Specialty Show Entry Limit
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/1/2015 10:25:55 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Can someone explain to me why there has to be 10 dogs entered before a show will run?

This seems rather silly in my opinion and counterproductive.

My goal was to have a Silky Terrier Specialty every night this month to help promote the breed.

Even with 3 breeders we only had 8 dogs so now I've lost the $200 for sponsoring it plus We didn't get to show.

Perhaps we could discuss removing the limitation. I feel that if someone is willing spend the money and people are willing to pay entry fees they should be able to show regardless of how many are entered.

-----
Last edited by Silk N Denim Terriers on 9/1/2015 10:27:00 AM
 halcyonlisa
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 2:42:06 PM reply with quote send message to halcyonlisa Object to Post

Yes I agree, it doesn't encourage people to pay for specialities. I remember paying out for specialities in the past that didn't run due to a lack of entries. I didn't know about the minimum of 10 entries at the time, I messaged Admin but didn't get replies & carried on paying out for specialities. Then I finally figured it out. This put me off sponsoring shows for a very long time & I would only do it if I had enough showable dogs to pile in the show to make up the numbers & could afford to do that too. Surely that ends up being counterproductive for a breed as creating your own specialities and then swamping them with entries is hardly conducive to other people to then enter their dogs - especially if you have good dogs & are likely to beat them.

Speciality shows for the popular breeds are great additions to the schedule, but for those breeds that are struggling to survive they are a tough decision to make.

Maybe the 10 entry limit could be reduced for all the breeds that are currently deemed to be Rare Breeds within the game?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 3:07:45 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I 100% agree! Maybe make a poll?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 3:56:16 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I'm in total agreement with removing the limit for all rare breeds.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 9:35:15 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

I was never aware of the 10 dog entry limit.

I think the suggestion for removing it either all together or at least removing it for the rare breeds is a fantastic idea to help encourage more people to sponsor shows.

I think the OP should make a poll for this happy :)
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2015 8:21:11 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

rats - a specialty in my breed and I didn't enter enough dogs?

Sigh.

Entering heaps of dogs to the rest.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2015 11:03:23 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I will make a poll so we can all vote on it.

Silk we didn't have enough dogs the first night for it to run. Least night I entered a brood girl to make ten. She was dismissed for not being sessioned but at least the show ran lol.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.