Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Moose Update
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/16/2015 9:13:01 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post   

So I thought I would give you guys an update seeing as Moose is now thirteen weeks old.

Last week we took a trip down south for a week, and out of the three dogs Moose was the most well-behaved... both the drive and at grandma's house. He has never really seen stairs before... and teaching a dog to go up and down stairs is a pain. This little guy took it like a natural though. He would run down the front porch stairs, around the house to the back, and run up the back stairs. He loves hard floors too.... every night (while we are trying to sleep) he would be running around, sliding under the bed chasing his ball... I don't think we got much sleep. In our house, he's usually passed out on the air vent.

I'm guessing he's at least forty-five pounds right now. He is learning as well... paw, other paw, sit, lay down, perch, stand, and almost have beg nailed. Not bad for a stubborn puppy. lol

But here he is... one of the few pictures I was able to get of him standing still.

I'll also introduce you guys to the other two as I don't think I ever did before.

Millie is our Labrador mix... I'm guessing the other breed is a German Shepherd only because she resembles my old boy Recon. And let's just say my boyfriend is starting to understand why you shouldn't go to a random breeder claiming to have purebred Lab puppies... (I was not with him at the time when he got her). She has problems after problems, she actually goes to the vet Monday as she's losing fur... hopefully it's nothing severe. She has fistulas also, but the medicine they had her on just made her sick and not want to eat.

Crockett is a Plott/Staffy according to the shelter. I guess he was never a social dog, but from the time I first met him... he loves attention. He and Moose love to have their little wrestling matches.

Both of these two were left behind by their actual owner... took everything but her dogs. Which is kinda sad but I guess they're with people who will actually care about them.

So yea, keep Millie in your thoughts. Hopefully it's nothing more than skin allergies. Though the long vet wait seems a little ridiculous... my vet would never make us wait that long.

-Cassie
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2015 9:14:52 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Oh yea here's Crockett's picture...

-Cassie
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2015 9:20:43 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I stand by my opinion that baby saints are the most adorable puppies there are. Makes me want another saint! happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2015 12:35:31 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Gorgeous crew!
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2015 8:52:53 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Thank you both! happy :)

He is growing very fast though. Kinda making me sad... lol.

-Cassie
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2015 3:23:25 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

adorable dogs!!! Too funny that he loved the hard wood!! most dogs (including my own) dislike it because they wipe out taking turns too fast happy :) guess that's the fun in being a puppy!

The first thing that comes to mind with skin/fur loss is thyroid.
I hope it turns out to be nothing - keep us updated though!!
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2015 7:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

What handsome dogs! happy :)
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2015 5:10:49 AM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

I'm a sucked for big dogs. They look lovely! happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2015 1:13:20 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Lovely !!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.