Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : New UKC CH!!
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/10/2015 10:44:11 PM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post   

I took Jupiter to our first UKC show this past weekend and we had a ball!

Saturday's show we had lovely competition with a friends pretty little girl. She took breed over Jupiter in the AM show to finish her UKC Ch!

In the PM show she moved her girl to the Ch class and Jupiter took breed over her for her first competition win. Not only did she take breed but she went on to take a Group 2 in a tough herding group! The group winner was a 3 yo GSD bitch and Jupiter is only 17 months. The judge told the whole group "this was very tough with my first two placements and it's a very close call. Both are gorgeous bitches." The judge also told me she loved my girl the moment she saw her!

Sunday we didn't have breed competition but we had another tough herding group. AM show we had an AKC judge and got another Group 2 behind that lovely GSD bitch again! When the judge was handing her her ribbon he told us then that the placement was very close and he had a hard time choosing, he too told me he loved my girl. So more points and another competition win!

Our PM show we went back into this lovely line up of herding dogs. Jupiter took a Group 3 giving us our final competition win and a New Multi Group Placing UKC Ch in just 4 shows!

Our adventures take us back to the AKC rings in Jan and hoping to go for her UKC Total Dog Award in March. Hoping to have her pointed and hopefully have a major or two in AKC next year. We also have to do her health test and she may be going back to her breeder to be bred. I can't be more proud of my crazy little red head and I look forward to what our future holds!

I'll see if I can get my friend to upload the picture with our Sunday ribbons happy :)

MudBugs aka Kool Dogs
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 10:49:54 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2015 2:11:46 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Congrats!! I think she is a few points shy of her championship though. You get 10pts for class win, 15pts for best male/female, and 10 more for best of winners. So Sunday she earned 50pts. (Class win and best female each show) No best of winners points because there were no males there to beat. Saturday she would have only gotten 25 for show 2 and then depending what class the other bitch was in since she didn't get best female the most she got was 10 for show 1.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 7:57:22 AM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Not familiar with UKC but I know Mandis shown her in at least one previous weekends worth of shows so she may have picked up points there wink ;)

Congrats again Mandi!
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 9:34:47 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

Awesome!!! Congrats!!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 12:14:34 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats Mandi!!
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2015 1:35:23 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Oh ok, it said at the top that this was her first ukc shows lol.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 3:03:42 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

posted by kiroja
Oh ok, it said at the top that this was her first ukc shows lol.
Oooh I may be wrong then, the previous weekend might have been AKC.

kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2015 10:37:53 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Could be happy :)

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.