Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Stud Status for Basic Kennels?
 Gypsy Fires Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/17/2015 1:33:13 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Fires Kennels Object to Post   

This might be a silly question, but I havent used a basic kennel in a long time. Can basics NOT put dogs up for stud? Every time I click on "Edit stud status" it just kicks me back out to the homescreen instead of letting me edit it. Just curious if its because maybe basics cant have dogs up for stud??
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 1:47:18 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Basics can place studs up for a set $25 fee only after they have gotten their championship.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 1:49:30 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Here is the link in the help section: www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=65
 Gypsy Fires Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 2:46:09 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Fires Kennels Object to Post

Gotcha, thanks. I guess they wont be going up for stud then. lol. Was doing it as a courtesy as Im shutting this kennel down.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2015 7:20:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If you are not coming back any time soon, perhaps put them up for sale without approval,especially if they are one of the lesser supported/in danger breeds.
 Gypsy Fires Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2015 9:30:28 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Fires Kennels Object to Post

Oh they are up for sale on no approval. (Heck, 2 of my remaining 4 dogs sold today), exactly because theyre rarer breeds in need of help. This is a second kennel for me, I wasnt showing in it, but breeding to try and help genetic diversity in needy breeds. Oh well. Of the last 2, one is at stud already and the other will either be purchased or just hang out doing nothing. I feel better about only ONE just languishing than more.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.