Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Breeding age limit?
 Valley oak
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/1/2016 9:34:30 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post   

Standard says average lifespan of my breed (aussies) is 15 (months).....does this mean that the dog will likely die around 450 days....and if so is there an age cap for a breeding female? Male?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:44:19 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Cap for breeding a female is 120 days. Male I don't believe there is one as long as they are not on the retirement couch.
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:47:29 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

posted by Artistri
Cap for breeding a female is 120 days. Male I don't believe there is one as long as they are not on the retirement couch.
Thank you, could not find this info anywhere after combing thru the forums, guides and FAQ stuff. Have a female who is not coming up open to breed at 105...sad :(
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 10:01:24 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Looks like she has puppies that are 5 days old. You will have to wait until they turn 6. By the way I used to own that bitch happy :)
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 10:22:56 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

posted by Artistri
Looks like she has puppies that are 5 days old. You will have to wait until they turn 6. By the way I used to own that bitch happy :)
Love her, she threw a bitch with a 98.6....actually most of her offspring are quality. happy :)
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 11:12:40 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I had to leave aussies because I had too many breeds. They were fun though!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2016 11:16:04 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Actually I don't believe there is a breeding cap at all for either sex, as long as they are still alive.

120 days is the showing limit for both sexes. You just have to be aware that if you are paying a stud fee to someone there is a risk of the bitch dying before giving birth.

At 105 days you are well within the safe zone. The problem is likely the recent litter - wait a day or two and try again.

Good luck.
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2016 9:23:58 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

Oh my gosh, so silly....I was thinking it was a lag of 4 days between breeding. Feel kind of silly now. Thanks everyone!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2016 7:07:01 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

gaylanstudio is correct there is no breeding age max limit
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2016 6:19:23 PM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

As long as they are alive you can breed from them, only restriction is when you 'retire' a dog it is neutered so cannot be bred from (also there is no opportunity to change your mind once you retire a dog, not like you can when you FH a dog)
 Touchwood
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2016 9:01:59 AM reply with quote send message to Touchwood Object to Post

how to breed? im new here.please help.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler