Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Condition Dropped on Pup day 14
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/5/2016 9:09:08 AM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post   

Hi all, my pup who just turned 14 days dropped .10 in condition. Is this because she was still on puppy formula when she changed?

Of course I am going to switch her to adult today but instead of Super Duper Adult, should I feed her Top Show Condition to get condition up faster? Will that work on condition better than Super Duper?

Thanks for the help!
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2016 9:47:30 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yep, it's because she was fed a puppy food after ageing up to an adult. A trick I use is took look at the time the puppy was born vs the time they are fed so that if a puppy will become an adult before they are fed the next day (8am SD time), I put them on an adult ration so they don't lose condition. Personally, I would put her on Super Duper Adult Formula and then switch to the specific formula that will boost the weakest training area once she is fully sessioned in the other areas.

ETA: Super Duper Adult formula will give a boost to all of the training areas (except obedience) rather than just a specific one like the Top Dog formulas do.

-----
Last edited by bryerwood kennel on 1/5/2016 9:50:40 AM
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 3:09:39 PM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thanks so much Bryerwood!

-----
Last edited by Kaleidoscope Kennels on 1/5/2016 3:09:53 PM

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class