.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : breeding brag
 speedy2
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/10/2016 7:07:02 PM reply with quote send message to speedy2 Object to Post   

Hi people
I was not succeeding in the show ring because others were showing dogs with a higher Top Neck and Back (2nd most important trait for Pointers).

So I stopped showing and started breeding. Just had a pup hit 10.0 on Top Neck and Back! Everything else OK, so he will be a great stud and a great showdog!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 1:19:43 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 1:31:42 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Well done you !!
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 2:15:57 PM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

Congratulations laugh :D
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 4:22:07 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Well done!

I've been playing for a long time - and you often go through 'waves' of success/mediocre in both the show ring and in breeding.

Sometimes you can be successful in both fields at the same time which is an amazing feeling - but can also drain your your money lol - plus you often have too many nice dogs and not enough room.

Then you can have mediocre pups being born and can be doing mediocre in the ring and thats when SD sucks lol! Usually these periods last for a while and I often feel like giving up on the breed then.

But then things start to look better - and everything comes together again :P

My CMD kennel has currently been riding the awesome wave in breeding - with top dogs being born in every litter - and yet I still seem to get beaten in shows lol. It's a different story in every kennel happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.