Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Coding Error for Color ??
 Mignon Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/10/2016 7:49:18 AM reply with quote send message to Mignon Kennel Object to Post   

It looks like there is a coding error in Yorkshire Terriers.
It looks like either Dd CC or Dd Ccch is listed as Blue and Tan when it should be shown as Black and Tan

I was looking for a Black & Tan or Black & Gold stud dog and came across this dog...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Saucy%20Smokin
She's a black and tan bitch out of two blue and tan parents which isn't possible.

Her dam - www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Formesia%20Spicy%20Life
is shown as a Blue and Tan, but should be listed as Black and Tan
(Her dam is black and tan)
 Hart Park
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2016 8:07:30 AM reply with quote send message to Hart Park Object to Post

I've noticed this has happened in Cavaliers from time to time. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Ch%20Cavland%20A%20Jump%20Ahead

This dog is Blenheim with two Ruby parents, which also is not possible.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2016 8:12:37 AM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Hart Park
This dog is Blenheim with two Ruby parents, which also is not possible.
Just taking a quick look at genetics for your breed, I think this is actually possible. If the Ruby parents are both ee SSp then they can produce ee SpSp (Blenheim).

Unless you are referring to real life, where this may be the case

-----
Last edited by Artistri on 4/10/2016 8:15:44 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/10/2016 9:06:59 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I would agree with Artistri about the Cavaliers.

The parti gene (sp) is recessive. It is very possible that the two rubies (solid S/?) could both carry the parti gene (S/sp) and therefore produce a Blenheim (sp/sp parti).

Mignon is also correct about the Yorkie. The gene chart appears incomplete however - there should be a column for the blue dilution.

Blue is a recessive dilution. To be blue requires two copies of the dilution gene (d/d). The black would have to be D/d or D/D. Two blue parents are (d/d) can not give a D to their offspring.

If the chart were complete this would likely be more obvious but it only shows the C alleles which determine the difference between tan and gold.

There are a number of breeds that have missing columns in these charts.
 Hart Park
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2016 12:41:39 PM reply with quote send message to Hart Park Object to Post

My mistake, I did not go far enough back to find the 4th dam which carries sp.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.