Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : First dog to enter show - but handler not available?
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/30/2016 1:23:13 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post   

I've entered a dog in a show as first of his breed (no one else of his sex, age, no one else at all, 10 days in the future) - nonetheless, none of the good handlers was shown in the handler list. Tried with another dog in another show - same problem.
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2016 2:28:36 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

Is his training at 20? The better handlers only show up for dogs who are nearly fully trained in my experience. So if he is still not at 19/20 they won't show just yet
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2016 4:13:41 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

If you're talking about this boy:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14807397

Then Jaime is right - his Condition is way too low to even bother entering him yet. Their condition (which goes up with foods high in fat) should be at 20 before they start showing.

His show obedience is also still needing some more sessions - if he has only just moved to 19 (from 18) then the best handlers won't be available as they have their set standards.

If it was me I would pull him from shows so you don't waste money on entry fees (as he isn't going to be competitive compared to dogs with 20s across the board) and he also won't be competitive at Group level (which if you haven't got any other entries in that show - then being competitive at Group level is the only way you'll win points towards his CH title).

Hope that helps happy :)
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2016 12:00:46 PM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.