Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Snow in Australia
 Cloverwoof
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/31/2005 1:43:58 AM reply with quote send message to Cloverwoof Object to Post   

Does it ever snow in Australia? I'm American but the Australian forum needs more conversation happy :)!
 origami_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2005 7:18:31 AM reply with quote send message to origami_kennels Object to Post

It does, but only in the mountains. I took our two Aussie shepherds there last year and they loved it. They ran around with snow on their backs and on their noses, it was great.
But yeah, only in the mountains, which is a fair whack of a drive for anyone in the cities. (And.. it doesn't snow in the west, or north.. or South Australia. So... yay). wink ;)

But I agree this forum needs more activity!
Look! img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/origami_lemur/Web/twosnow.jpg
 Keiane
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2005 4:03:32 PM reply with quote send message to Keiane Object to Post

aww they are so cute!
 Lynandra
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2005 10:57:08 AM reply with quote send message to Lynandra Object to Post

Sorry but you're wrong about it only snowing in the mountains.
It snows in Goulburn, Mittagong, Moss Vale, Orange, Bathurst, Bowral, Robertson and on occassion, Lithgow. These are all towns in NSW and sorry, none of them are in the mountains. Orange, Bathurst and Lithgow are the closest you will get to the Blue mountains but they are not actually in the mountains. Goulburn is down south and Mittagong, Moss Vale and Bowral is SW Sydney Southern Highlands but not mountains. Sorry to correct you.
 LaLuna
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2005 2:11:45 AM reply with quote send message to LaLuna Object to Post

It snows on occasion in Canberra too happy :)

We do have 'Snowy Mountais' where snow sports happen such as skiing and snowboarding. We don't have the huge peaks of Europe or North America, but our hills provide us with enough snow fun wink ;)

Lucy.
 origami_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2005 8:33:14 PM reply with quote send message to origami_kennels Object to Post

I'm actually going to void my own post of earlier here. Yes, it does snow in towns close to mountains, ie: Mansfield, Narbethong, blah blah blah, but today, this morning, half an hour ago, it snowed. Here.
It hasn't snowed where I live since the 1940s.
I ran around and took photos and froze my hands. It was pretty exciting.
 lucifer080189
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2005 9:36:03 PM reply with quote send message to lucifer080189 Object to Post

I wish i lived in australia, i hate snow. But i cant get burned because of my skin. I have to wear spf 50 everyday of my life even in winter. I almost got skin cancer when i was 12 and now im 16. It sucks. But i have an obsession with australia, AND PAUL HOGAN! I want to be a veterinarian so i think i could really make a diffrence down there...

Lucy the newbie
 black_beauty319
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2005 4:36:36 PM reply with quote send message to black_beauty319 Object to Post

why
 ilovehamsters
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2005 10:26:18 PM reply with quote send message to ilovehamsters Object to Post

Yeah in the Mountains it gets very cold there. I think riding in a small car for 4 hours to get to the mountains. It is hard but really work it. I rode my first motorcycle in australia.
 amandadonnelly
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2006 1:11:02 AM reply with quote send message to amandadonnelly Object to Post

i have only seen snow 1 time in my entire life and that was only on a school excursion
 doggy-love-lauren
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2006 9:21:03 PM reply with quote send message to doggy-love-lauren Object to Post

your dogs are soooooooooooooooo cute. i have only been to the snow and i got really close to a cliff. it was scary!!!
 StarsnStripes
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2006 6:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to StarsnStripes Object to Post

It also snows in ballarat, sunbury and Woodend where I live in Vic!

Robyn
 shelkeys
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2006 3:11:35 AM reply with quote send message to shelkeys Object to Post

It also snows in South Austalia, although not often.
 AUSTOGO
Basic User

Basic User
6/23/2006 6:45:53 AM reply with quote send message to AUSTOGO Object to Post

we get sleet in campbelltown NSW , where not far from goulburn nor the blue mountains
Kelly

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.