.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Re: Grooming "sessions"
 Norshire
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/7/2016 7:59:15 AM reply with quote send message to Norshire Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am just returning to the game after a long break. I seem to remember that after a certain level you can stop sessions on grooming and the pups will continue to improve on their own. Is this still the case?
(Edited to correct spelling)

-----
Last edited by Norshire on 8/7/2016 8:00:18 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/7/2016 11:16:38 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yes it is still the case. The point is somewhere between 15 and 18 I think. Good food is a factor in this too.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 8/7/2016 11:17:38 AM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2016 7:06:03 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

As long as you are feeding them a decent custom food then you can certainly do this - it just takes a lot longer compared to if you were sessioning them daily in those areas.

Everyone is different - but I tend to have them on a 1666 formula as well as sessioning them daily - until they reach 20 in coat and muscle - then move them on to Pet House for Adults. I then only session obedience until they hit 30 days of age.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2016 11:15:08 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Mine are always done so fast with grooming (sometimes before they hit the 14 day mark) that I just session to the end because it's faster. But I believe it's around the 16 mark you can do that?

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 8/8/2016 11:21:17 AM
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2016 10:39:14 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

It depends on the breed. For breeds that take 30 days to reach 20 for training, I take them off of sessioning when they are 14-16 for grooming (and exercise) and just leave them on a 1777 ration. For dogs that reach 20 in obedience under 20 days I usually wait until they are 16-18 (when I remember! laugh :D ) and then let the food do the rest.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class