Search

.com Forum · Swedish Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Norwegian and Swedish
 LibertyKennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/8/2005 2:27:33 PM reply with quote send message to LibertyKennels Object to Post   

I am American and I am learning Norwegian. I went to the Swedish forum and recognized some of the words. Is Norwegian similar to Swedish?
 Chardani
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2005 6:54:16 AM reply with quote send message to Chardani Object to Post

Yes, it's very similar. I'm from Sweden and have no problem to understand norwegian and danish.
 LibertyKennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2005 5:29:52 PM reply with quote send message to LibertyKennels Object to Post

Thanks!
 Ph.D.
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2005 5:01:34 PM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post

Thats cool... happy :) I am partly Norwiegan and hope to learn the language someday... that is, if I can first conquer spanish... laugh :D

In fact, my last name is Norweigan... translated to english, it means Eastern House, can you guess what it is?

-Jaden
 laviha
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2005 12:17:46 PM reply with quote send message to laviha Object to Post

My name is norwiegian too! I am named after a fjord in centeral norway!
Last name: Haugen
Middle name: Lane

~
 Ph.D.
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2005 11:01:24 AM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post

Cool! laugh :D
 Texas Thunder Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2005 9:09:59 PM reply with quote send message to Texas Thunder Kennels Object to Post

well my mom is from norway
 Baby Yorkie Lover
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2006 8:55:33 PM reply with quote send message to Baby Yorkie Lover Object to Post

um , i like norway.
 iluvABEnotABC
Basic User

Basic User
6/23/2006 2:05:44 PM reply with quote send message to iluvABEnotABC Object to Post

i like the norway ride in disney world, and does anyone know germen here
 Golden Hill Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2006 10:39:51 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Hill Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Yes it is very simular, LibertyKennels. "My name is" is the same in Norweigain and Swedish, and so are a lot of other words. I study tons of languages

Here's a Norweigian Proverb. Some words may be spelled wrong.

Du skal ikke selge skinnet
fur bjumen er skutt

(Dont sell the pellets before you have shot the bear)
 Tiriltoppen
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2006 5:48:13 PM reply with quote send message to Tiriltoppen Object to Post

posted by Golden Hill Kennel
Yes it is very simular, LibertyKennels. "My name is" is the same in Norweigain and Swedish, and so are a lot of other words. I study tons of languages

Here's a Norweigian Proverb. Some words may be spelled wrong.

Du skal ikke selge skinnet
fur bjumen er skutt

(Dont sell the pellets before you have shot the bear)

"Du skal ikke selge skinnet før bjørnen er skutt."

You almost got it right... But it isn't pellets, but fur you shouldn't sell before the bear is shot.
 Golden Hill Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2006 10:02:17 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Hill Kennel Object to Post

yeah, i cant do norweigian numerals and the alphabet.wink ;)
 Tiriltoppen
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2006 8:33:32 PM reply with quote send message to Tiriltoppen Object to Post

posted by Golden Hill Kennel
b]
It is ALMOST the same.
My name is in norwegian is 'mitt navn er' and in swedish it is 'mitt namn är'
 jollymolly
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 11:48:54 AM reply with quote send message to jollymolly Object to Post

hey iluvABEnotABC i no german: ich heiBe molly! ich bin elf Jahre alt. ich wohne in marsh gibbon, das ist in england! i couldn't really do the funny letter in heiBe but hey!
 Norwegian
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2006 12:07:43 PM reply with quote send message to Norwegian Object to Post

posted by Ph.D.
Thats cool... happy :) I am partly Norwiegan and hope to learn the language someday... that is, if I can first conquer spanish... laugh :D

In fact, my last name is Norweigan... translated to english, it means Eastern House, can you guess what it is?

-Jaden

Would your last name be Østhus (Oesthus), Østerhus or something like that?
 Golden Hill Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2006 8:53:36 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Hill Kennel Object to Post

Anyone else need language help?

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.