Search

.com Forum · English Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Newbie
 Chenoa Valley
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/19/2016 6:33:02 PM reply with quote send message to Chenoa Valley Object to Post   

Hi all! I figured I'd introduce myself since I've recently decided to join the breed. I've been playing SD off and on for 6 years now, although this kennel is relatively new since I decided to upgrade to a family account. I'm hoping showing them will be fun.

~*Beth*~
 Artistri 2
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2016 9:21:42 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri 2 Object to Post

Glad to have you in the breed! It is such a fun breed to be involved in happy :)
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2016 11:58:14 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Glad to have you here! Let us know any questions you got, we are all pretty friendly and don't bite! wink ;)
 Chenoa Valley
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2016 12:36:38 PM reply with quote send message to Chenoa Valley Object to Post

I was wondering, do they get group placements? How difficult do you think they are to get started in?
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2016 3:00:52 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I'd say at this point in time.. the breed does not get any group placements despite being a popular breed (I believe we are #11 on the charts). All of us are pretty active showing and there isn't any type of rivalry or cattiness among us.

Our breed is fairly easy to get in to, we have us a surplus of new breeders lately and all are welcomed and us has oldies try our best to give out quality stock. I'd say that progressively we are working together to bring up our sop, finally reaching a 95 a few weeks ago, which took forever.. so our average sop ranges around 94.45? and up.

But we tend to show anything regardless of sop, good traits is were it truly shines. Coat, Size and Feet is were we are lacking and probably need some focus to average out the whole look. But of course, Head(locked), TNB (locked), Gait, etc are more important. The colors are consistent, no "rare" colors but Liver is always the last one out. I have no livers at this moment, but they are easy to breed in.

Um.. anything else someone want to add?

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2016 9:41:55 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Nope. Ya dun good Shadow.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2016 10:06:46 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Nope. Ya dun good Shadow.
Figured. Shooting two birds with one stone, you know? laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 6

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.