Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Colour breeding help!
 Waggs Rare Breeds
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/21/2016 11:42:40 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs Rare Breeds Object to Post   

I'm not new to the game but I am new to colour breeding but I thought I would try my hand at at. Unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing! Anyone willing to take pity on me and explain in laymans terms?

I am breeding Miniature Bull Terriers and would like to bring back all of the lost colours which is all but Brindle and White.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2016 1:54:59 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If you want to write with specifics of what colour you are hoping to get I will suggest possible breedings that might result in thes colours.

I did notice that you are using whites in many of your breedings. I would be leery of doing this too much because white is the result of extreme parti colour in BT and thus being white will mask any other colour. Fortunately it is itself recessive.
 Waggs Rare Breeds
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/22/2016 11:55:18 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs Rare Breeds Object to Post

Lovely thanks!

Tri-coloured, Fawn and Solid Red are all proving elusive for me.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.