Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Wanting Breed to Source Breed? (Suggestions)
 Euphorias
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/28/2016 6:15:40 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post   

Ok so I have a source breed kennel that I have been doing for a while and I find myself more interested in that then my regular kennels. Probably because there is actually major changes and improvements vs .01 improvements and that makes it more exciting. (I would actually love it if the whole game went back to starters but that most likely just me haha!)

So if you know of a breed or are in a breed that would benefit from a source line I want to know about it! Maybe theirs a super low trait that is hard to bring up? Maybe not enough variety in colors? Maybe the gene pool is super low?

So let me know your suggestions and also why you think it would benefit form a source project?

Also let me know if you have source dogs you could donate or sell to me for the project as I am out!

(I myself would prefer a breed with Picardy Pics & with many colors.)

The main goal of getting suggestions is that once the dogs get far enough along you could use them to improve your line!

Thanks!
 Lupine Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2016 11:19:09 PM reply with quote send message to Lupine Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I know exactly what you mean by having more fun with lower SOP dogs so there is more room for improvement! That is why I have very recently started with Spanish Water Dogs. I think the highest SOP just broke 80, all the rest are in the 70s.

There seems to be quite a few missing colors...all "current" dogs are one of 4 colors: black, brown, white and black, or white and brown. That leaves 10 other colors. (All with gorgeous Picardy pics.)

I just got a few source dogs in beige to try to start on some missing colors. This is the first time I have done any color breeding and I am looking forward to a challenge! First litters due soon.

There is definitely room in this breed for a source breeder. I'll help collaborate if you want! Warning: buying the source dogs right now is SUPER expensive. But I can help you get a few starter dogs.

(I too wouldn't mind the game going back to all starters! Maybe we need a Showdog2 running in parallel where we can start all over lol.)

-----
Last edited by Lupine Kennel on 12/28/2016 11:37:35 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.