.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Welcome
 beaglemum
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/4/2003 11:50:40 PM reply with quote send message to beaglemum Object to Post   

Welcome to our own little piece of showdog.com.

IRL, I show beagles...

How about everyone else??happy :)
 Swissgreys
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2003 10:27:26 AM reply with quote send message to Swissgreys Object to Post

Hi All,

Don't know if I qualify for this forum as I now live in Switzerland, but I did grow up in Australia (Victoria) and visit there as often as possible. I hope one day we will live there again, but for now Switzerland is also a great place to be.

Beaglemum, where in Oz do you live? As kids we always had beagles (show failures which is why they came to us happy :)). We were also members of the Victorian Beagle Club.

These days in RL I have four rescued greyhounds. I still love beagles (there are 2 in my SD kennel) but they do take a lot of work and commitment - maybe one day....

Cheers,
Swissgreys.
 beaglemum
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2003 10:55:28 AM reply with quote send message to beaglemum Object to Post

HI Swissgreys

I am in Victoria myself, and I am committee member of the BCOV (busy organising our National in 2 weeks time!)

Beagles DO take a lot of commitment, but I love my three to death, but three is definitely enough.... for *now* wink ;)
 AL_Mals
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2003 4:45:47 AM reply with quote send message to AL_Mals Object to Post

I don't quilify either since i'm in NZ.

But HI everyone!
I posted my own intro post laugh :D
 beaglemum
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2003 10:04:36 AM reply with quote send message to beaglemum Object to Post

New Zealanders are most welcome!!

me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

Premium Member Forum Moderator
9/7/2003 7:29:24 PM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

Yeah for the Aussies!
I'm an Australian, living in Queensland.
I own two beautiful Golden Retrievers, like I do on the game.
 angel_fire06
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2003 2:45:40 AM reply with quote send message to angel_fire06 Object to Post

I have siberian huskies and shiba inus and live in Queensland
 Huskygirl
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2003 12:00:04 AM reply with quote send message to Huskygirl Object to Post

hi im from queensland and own 2 coicker spainels and a german rottie X

one day i am going to have alaskan malamutes

MammaMangorin
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2003 4:15:40 PM reply with quote send message to MammaMangorin Object to Post

Im half aussie
Live in Sweden
2 ESS, 1 rabbit, 2 scalares, 1 mouse and 50 guinea pigs... razz :p
 BlackDaneThunda
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2003 4:41:38 PM reply with quote send message to BlackDaneThunda Object to Post

Gee I'm slack for not posting earlier!

I'm in Victoria, Australia (down the a-h end of VIC, in Warrnambool, where it's Windy, Wet and Cold!). I have a Great Dane IRL that I used to show (*he's no longer entire after last week!), a Greyhound that I race AND will soon be showing - I've been showing JRT's for about 13 years, and still own JRT's that are now in my friend's stud (retired from showing, but still hunting).
I do a lot of handling for other people in the shows, but I still don't consider myself very good at it (I haven't been around long enough to be considered a "face" yet).
And I am a Greyhound Adoption Program (GAP) foster parent - as well as being the local GAP contact.

Cheers! BDT - Great Danes, and ThundaDownUnder - Greyhounds
 beaglemum
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2003 5:30:39 AM reply with quote send message to beaglemum Object to Post

Hi BDT.. I have seen you around on the site. didn't realise you are an aussie.... let alone a Victorian.... A girl I work with has 2 Danes, a black and a 'fawniquin' (not recognised I know....) doesn't stop her from breeding though... grrrrrrrrrrr
 anthemforafallenstar
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2007 12:55:14 AM reply with quote send message to anthemforafallenstar Object to Post

im from queensland in the-well some could call it outback-town of tara. its about 500km from brisbane.
p.s LOVE showdog
 Keavine Dobies
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2007 6:33:03 AM reply with quote send message to Keavine Dobies Object to Post

Hey fellow aussies.....Im from the beautiful Yarra valley in Vic, Ive got a 4 year old rottie and a naughty 11 month old doberman that took alot of work to find as she is brown and born in Perth. Loving SD at the moment but still trying to figure out all the changes to COI's!!
 Zosia
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2007 4:43:10 AM reply with quote send message to Zosia Object to Post

Hi all, I live in the ACT, i used to show dogs in RL, dalmatians, but now I have 2 pet APBT's which I love. I want to return to the showring one day, but for now showdog is a great substitute- requires a lot less money, time and effort than RL
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2007 2:56:56 AM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

I was born in Victoria, moved to Darwin when I was eight, moved to Brisbane when I was ten, then to Cairns for two years, then back to Brisbane for a year, then out to Millmerran (which is a little town in the darling downs in QLD) then over to Perth in Feburary this year to study at TAFE. I'm Doing an Architecture course.
I have a Dingo X Smithfeild Red Cattle Dog, named Digger, and my Mum has a Bull Arab bitch named Dustee.
I also have a cat named Chevey (he fluctuates between evil, nice and arrogant) four Cockateils and a Siamese fighting fish named George; before we moved to Perth I had another dog who had to be put down sad :( four goats, an Angus cow named Shadow, two geese named Velvet and Vulcan, a bearded dragon named Spider and lotas of chooks and pigions. we had to get rid of them all since we couldnt bring them all over with us.

I'd better stop waffling on.
Buy!!
 anthemforafallenstar
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2007 1:44:22 AM reply with quote send message to anthemforafallenstar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Arkadian Utopia
I was born in Victoria, moved to Darwin when I was eight, moved to Brisbane when I was ten, then to Cairns for two years, then back to Brisbane for a year, then out to Millmerran (which is a little town in the darling downs in QLD) then over to Perth in Feburary this year to study at TAFE. I'm Doing an Architecture course.
I have a Dingo X Smithfeild Red Cattle Dog, named Digger, and my Mum has a Bull Arab bitch named Dustee.
I also have a cat named Chevey (he fluctuates between evil, nice and arrogant) four Cockateils and a Siamese fighting fish named George; before we moved to Perth I had another dog who had to be put down sad :( four goats, an Angus cow named Shadow, two geese named Velvet and Vulcan, a bearded dragon named Spider and lotas of chooks and pigions. we had to get rid of them all since we couldnt bring them all over with us.

I'd better stop waffling on.
Buy!!

wow you had a lot of pets! i used to have a horse, dusty who died earlier this year (we worked out he was between 30 and 35) i currently have a ACD Chiot, A black cat, pepper, a budgie Drakken, Six African peachface lovebirds and two goldfish. I used to have 3 cattle, holly, harry and gypsy, a Swiss white shepherd and a pomeranian happy :) Also, i am a wildlife carer so i often have kangaroos, wallabies possums and owls in various parts of the house.

eta. I also used to have 2 more cats, quizzy who was blind and a full sister to my current cat, Dennis (who our idiot neighbour shot in the shoulder and had to be put down) and Clarrisa (not related to pepper).
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2007 6:50:40 PM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

Great!
I got two more Siamese fighters yeaterday, females, a dark red-brown named Xena and a white one named Rose. George is going crazy! LOL!
I also got a new cockateil who we finaly named Lilly, though it took us a week and about thirty names to end up with that.
I am also thinking of getting a rabbit soon, my sister wants a guinnie pig, but I don't like them, we had to take care of them in primary school and they were noisy, dirty and bit us all the time no mather what you did or didn't do to them.
I am trying to find an Irish Wolfhound breeder, since I am very interested in owning one, and I have been thinking about getting a Norwegian Fjord when we go back home.
Easy to tell I love animals, hey?
 AmazonAri
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2007 1:42:51 AM reply with quote send message to AmazonAri Object to Post

Well, im from Perth, WA. I show dogs, I didnt have any dogs as the place I live is too small, however when roxy came into our live ( a X Bred) we couldnt part. I am currently researching my breed of choice before i enter into a long life with them.

I grew up with Shih TZu, then later on Great Danes, I love both of these breeds dearly, however Shih Tzus are too much work and Great Danes are too big!

Speak to you all soon

AA
 SkybreakerSBT
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2007 5:04:22 AM reply with quote send message to SkybreakerSBT Object to Post

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Victoria. IRL I show Staffordshire Bull Terriers although I grew up with Afghan Hounds!
 Winnerslane
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2008 2:41:29 AM reply with quote send message to Winnerslane Object to Post

hey- Im in Vic too and I show 2 GSPs and help out in the Gundog ring- I mainly handle Vizslas and lagotto on the side- but when the curly is in I show him too- I grew up in JH and am a 4th gen show person and my kids seem like they enjoy it enough to be 5th gen lol

Robyn
 ~Belgians_RULE!!!~
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2008 7:03:28 AM reply with quote send message to ~Belgians_RULE!!!~ Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Whooo go AUSTRALIA! lol couldn't help myselfwink ;)
I live in Western Australia in a little town called Bridgetown(although it's better known as Fridgetown! It is soooo cold!).
I breed Miniature horses and yorkshire terriers and our house is ALWAYS full of animals! I've got a VERY long list here of animals and if I were you I would DEFINETLY skip over it! lol
oh well here's the loooong list!
I have a 4yr old labby called Ripper(named cause he's a "ripper" of a dog, very lame I know but don't blame me it was my mums idea!laugh :D I mostly just call him dog), a yorkie bitch called Arabella She's So Controversial or Mambo to the rest of us and I show and breed with her, A 7yr old Anglo Arab called Kyro who is the SOOKIEST horse ever, A little 4yr old Pinto miniature horse called Kiara Brook Mini Minx or Minx for short, Kyro has the BIGGEST crush ever on her but she quite happily kicks him if comes within a metre of her(young love! lol) she's shown and is gonna be put in foal next year, Fairy's(that's my stud name) FS Superstar a little 6yr old Roan miniature horse who's in foal, Fairy's I'm so Special who is only a yearling but has already one supreme of supremes(!) she's a little chestnut pinto out of Superstar, Fairy's Regal Prince my little mini stallion he's a pretty little blue roan boy and has produced some BEAUTIFUL foals(!) and has always won supreme champion or reserve champion in shows i am VERY proud of this boy, Fairy's Chevrolet a gorgeoues 5yr old leopard spot appaloosa mini who's in foal, Fairy's Summer breeze the little bay and white pinto 4yr old who will be put in foal and shown next year, about 50 or so cows, ditto the chooks, two little goats called Jake and Chain, a mad kitten called Munchkin who is some kind of ragdoll cross(VERY VERY CUTE!), my gorgeous persian cross ginger striped cat called Tiger(very original I know! lol), a few goldfish and about 10 weiros(sp?) and rainbow lorikeets.
phew!
thank god we have over 500 acres too keep all these animals on but I can tell you it is NEVER boring at my house! lol

cheers
~BR~

ETA to add da smiling happy face at da top! lol

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.