Search

.com Forum · Working Breeds

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Looking for Great Pyrenees?
 Diamond Knight
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/20/2017 7:19:04 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Knight Object to Post   

Is there a reason there are never any Great Pyrenees for sale on here? It seems even the studs are never above 20 sop?
 Valley of Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2017 7:56:40 PM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post

Unfortunately it looks like Great Pyrenees are a 'closed' breed.

The only active kennels that I could see that have 'current SOP' dogs are:

Whiteoaks Kennel
Brambleside Kennels
Manirak
roymars

And none of the above-mentioned kennels have any of their studs up for public use - so by the looks of it they do not wish to share their dogs.

The only kennels who do have studs listed all have source dogs - so it looks like they may be trying to create some new bloodlines using pure source breeding.

You could try messaging the closed kennels to see if they could put studs up (I doubt that you'd get far with that), otherwise you can try and find any 'hidden' studs in abandoned kennels that are higher SOP than source dogs to try and help improve the source SOP faster.

Liason
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2017 8:31:31 PM reply with quote send message to Liason Object to Post

I believe that all of the current SOP Pyrenees kennels are run by one player. After have contacted them twice asking about puppies/adults available for sale and stud service. As of my last contact they did not wish to sell dog/puppies to other players and do not wish to offer any dogs at stud.

I do have 2 dogs that I put up at stud just now.
They aren't great, but they are in the 60s.

Saffyre
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2017 6:46:19 AM reply with quote send message to Saffyre Object to Post

Unfortunately no, those kennels are not willing to share genetics and it is why I left the breed. Unable to be competitive. sad :(

Best of luck!
 Diamond Knight
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2017 7:51:30 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Knight Object to Post

Thank you so much for the replies! I have messaged a few kennels with minimal luck. I was able to purchase a bitch above 50 sop, but haven't had much luck finding a stud and did not want to breed her to relatives. :/

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler