Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Same dog in four shows on the same day?
 Mush Fund
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/25/2017 7:40:24 PM reply with quote send message to Mush Fund Object to Post   

I'm not trying to call anyone out here, but I stumbled upon this while searching for shows to compete in.

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=15614254

I was looking at the Husky entries for the day's shows and saw said bitch multiple times. I looked into it further, and, at the time of this posting, this Siberian Husky was entered in four shows all scheduled for the same day. Is this possible, and is it normal to occur?
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2017 7:44:43 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

They can enter as many shows as they want but they will be booted from three and only shown in one. Not sure how the system irons that out, perhaps someone with more experience with that knows...

-----
Last edited by Degree on 5/25/2017 7:44:58 PM
 Mush Fund
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2017 7:47:05 PM reply with quote send message to Mush Fund Object to Post

Thank you. I'm somewhat new and I've never seen that happen before. If I have time, I may check in tomorrow and see what happens.

Rich
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2017 2:19:06 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

To find out which show they will be shown in that night, click on the dogs entries page.

The first one on the list for that night will be the one they show in. All the other entries will be kicked out once the shows start to run.

Will
 Traditions
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2017 9:34:59 PM reply with quote send message to Traditions Object to Post

Technically, a dog can be shown in 3 shows in one night. One all-breed, one specialty, and one obedience show. They're not likely to do well in at least the obedience show though, the results will say the dog appeared stressed.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.