Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Fast CAT
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/1/2018 12:29:13 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

How are points calculated for fast CAT or how do you earn them? The regs mention the number of points you need to earn for each title, but doesnt explain how they are earned.

Help! I am not a coursing person.
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/4/2018 5:20:35 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

It is very different than coursing, as far as scoring and such. I haven't done any fast cats yet but from what I remember they are timed like in agility and then converted to miles per hour. Your speed is your score. Then certain breeds and/or sizes of dogs got a handicap that is a multiplier of your speed. I remember calculating it would take a Basenji basically 5 trials to earn the first title. I think you needed 150 points? Basenji are typically 15-18 inches and run around 20-29 mph. I talked to someone the other day that said it took around 4 runs for their breed I think.

Peruse the rule book on the akc website. That should have the procedure for calculating points.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.