Search

.com Forum · Weimaraner

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Recovery Project
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/9/2018 6:50:16 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Steely Dawn ( www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16590762 )
gave me 3 boys and 2 girls. Both girls were high SOP (comparatively, lol) - 19.3 and a 20.80. There's a 19.30 boy too.

Just in case anyone wants to copy this, my naming convention is to give all the pups in each litter the same first letter so Steely Dawn's litter are A's - Abigail, Adam, etc. Its easier to reference "Abigail" than number 132, 133, etc. Plus it identifies litter mates later on. (I use one of those cheap little baby name booklets.)

Later as the quality improves I'll give them more creative names but at this point it doesn't really matter too much. I also have been adding the year as a suffix (18) which allows me to re-use names every 12 months.

Edit:
If anyone wants Steely Dawn, just offer $1. She's on good food and I've sessioned her. I think she's entered in a few shows a few days from now.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio1 on 11/9/2018 7:23:25 PM
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2018 12:12:09 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

I have my 2nd batch of 4 litters. The SOP ranges from 35.10 all the way to 2.something.

I've FHd the really bad ones and listed the middling ones - they are on good food and sessioned this morning.

I've also listed a couple of the old girls if someone wants to take a chance on them but don't offer the $100 - $1 is more than enough for 400+ day olds.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.