Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Two questions...
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/23/2019 8:57:50 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

First question...
Would you rather finish a dog's CH title with just breed placings OR would you rather receive BIS and BIG placings, but never finish your dog?

Second question...
Would you prefer to have a closed line and sometimes stud out dogs or sell puppies OR would you prefer everyone to have something from your line in their kennel?
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2019 2:15:11 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

Hi
I breed the best dogs I can. That generally results in breed and sometimes group and show placements and BOB, BIG, BIS. If the dog won't get enough points, I will enter with other dogs of the same breed to get the points.

I put all my studs up and sell puppies whenever I can. However I'm not in the most popular breeds, so anything I can do to encourage people to join my breeds I will do.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2019 8:07:58 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

1 - in some of my kennels I am more than happy with the CH title because I constantly have to FH dogs to get the space.
Other kennels I would keep several great dogs and show them until I can't no more.

2 - for the most part I would love to sell the pups and have studs out, especially if others in the breed are doing the same. That being said, I am in several breeds where everyone keeps to themselves and used their own studs, so I don't bother much.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2019 12:19:32 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I always make my studs available at reasonable cost and place excess pups for sale through the buy now usually. Sometimes the studs never get used and the pups go unsold but that's ok - I share my successes.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.