Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Glitch: Showdog WC Entries
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/29/2020 10:53:58 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

Jeff-

Last month's SDWC winner was shown in Feb's SDWC. The system is supposed to pull previous SDWC BIS Winners from future World Cups.

I just wanted to let you know the system did not do it for this month.

Personally, I am ok with this and think the best dog should win. Congrats to RA's boy for winning BOB again!

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17063495

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/29/2020 7:55:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, I was surprised by this - had to look it up to check.

You are correct, Will. The GS in question only took the breed this time, BiS last month. I don't know if that is a factor in the calculations that make the decisions - it is not apparent in the description.

I agree - I think this rule should be rescinded. I don't suppose it happens that often but winning even 4 times (it would likely have aged out by then) would only make the dog 4 or 5 years which is not that old in real life. If it's still the best dog, so be it.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.