Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : My Dachshunds
 tiamerou
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/6/2019 9:24:40 PM reply with quote send message to tiamerou Object to Post   

I bought Dachshunds in June: Gamble on Heads and Nothing Less.

Game on Heads had a 10 head, 10 FQ, but 17.7 show shine. This is a great example of how the show ring doesn't make a dog more worthy for breeding than its fellow non-showing dogs if genetic quality isn't there.

I bred GOH (who was aptly named) to Nothing Less, and in her first litter she produced Double or Nothing and High Roller (both gambling terms). I bred her to him again and got Poker Face.

They're all within 0.25 SOP of each other and GOH's corrected SOP was 98.15.

Poker Face - still showing at time of writing
BOBx8, Grp1 x1, BISSx1, BISx1, 948 beaten
Not shown very much though

High Roller - Aged out
BOBx8, Grp1 x1, BISSx1, 673 beaten
Also not shown a lot and bred a couple of times

Double or Nothing
September 2019 International Best in Show
Gold Grand Champion
BOBx58, Grp1 x10, BISSx7, BISx5 (big shows)
Never bred. Two hundred dogs short of All-Time List.

This was such a good breeding I don't know what to do with myself! I also feel proud of not hitting that Breed button for 4 months.

Now the females are bred to a relative of GOH thru Skyhaven Perfect Gait with lots of fresh blood.

High Roller did produce for me a splendid female whom I hope will show well for me, Rum Absolute, who is 3-0-3-3 Perfect Gait. Poker Face also gave me Heading for High Tide (whose name is a combination of his relatives' names) from Rum Absolute who is 2-0-0-3 Nothing Less/GOH who will likely also do well in the ring.

Thanks for reading my brag!

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.