Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Breed Bias?
 ambertal
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/18/2019 2:26:37 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post   

Can anyone define breed bias on the judge's information?
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2019 5:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Each judge that shows a breed bias will like some breeds more than others, to a greater or lesser degree when judging the Groups, which contain all the dogs that won Best of Breed. It doesnt count when competing in classes, only in the Groups and for BIS. Hope that helps.
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2019 9:47:02 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

so then how do you find out about it? I mean I've seen 'slight breed bias', etc.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2019 10:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I think you compare the trait highs and lows for the judge with the trait highs and lows for the breed. The better they match, the higher the breed bias for that judge for that breed.

Then the actual dogs also need to have a good correlation there too. I'm not sure if that answers all the questions but I hope it gives a better understanding - as I understand it.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.