Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Question about breeding
 Starlake Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/1/2020 4:56:01 AM reply with quote send message to Starlake Kennels Object to Post   

I was just wondering, if a basic kennel could sell a bitch/dog to a premium kennel, to breed and then buy back the bitch/dog and a puppy? And premium kennel can do whatever they like with other puppies. Is this allowed? Thank you
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2020 2:36:54 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

You probably could buy a puppy out of the litter.

I wouldn't recommend buying the adult dog back.

Will
 Dogs of Show
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2020 2:53:38 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Show Object to Post

This would likely be against the rules as you would have sold the dog intending to buy it back purely to get around the basic breeding rules

From the rules page
"If you are a basic user, do not sell a bitch to a premium user so they can breed it and sell it back to you. Getting around the basic account restrictions in this manner is a good way to get an account banned."

If you sold the bitch and later brought a puppy from her litter that should be within the rules providing you do not buy back the bitch.
 Starlake Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2020 2:30:10 AM reply with quote send message to Starlake Kennels Object to Post

Ok thank you. I thought it probably wouldn’t be allowed but thought I’d ask anyway.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.