Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Thought some of you might be interested
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/28/2020 11:39:16 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Real-life: I had cataract surgery on my right eye a week ago. It seems to have gone well - doc says it looks good. It's a bit weird though.

Without the old glasses I see pretty decently for distance but if I close one then the other, the view in both cases is a little fuzzy. The operated eye registers a bit more colour (that's the cataract still in the "old" eye that mutes the colour). Close up (ie. computer) I can see the letters but can't really read them - it's an effort to do so. If I put the old glasses on I can use the computer just fine but the outside world is a little fussy but more so when I close one or the other eye - they seem to work together to compensate for the other's shortcomings.

Tomorrow we do the other eye so I'll probably not be on for a day or 2. I come home with this huge eye patch. The next day I go to the office and get the patch removed, a bunch of bright lights in the eyes and various drops for this and that test - assuming a similar process as the first.

I'm awake for the surgery, just a little dopey. There's a little mild discomfort during the procedure and the first day or so after but overall it's not difficult in that way. I then have a three week regimen of drops - 3 different ones for each eye - following the surgery.

I don't do "doctor" stuff well and it was a difficult but unavoidable decision. I haven't been able to drive at night for a while due to glare from lights and more recently have been finding day driving a bit more challenging. It's ok if I'm in familiar territory but street name signs are impossible! It's not bad if it's a nice bright shiny day - to me it's been starting to look like a mildly misty day - the less bright the sun, the more "mist".

I'm posting this partly to explain my somewhat erratic attendance lately and to help anyone else out there who might be facing the same issue.

Gayle

P.S. I posted this on ShowHorse too, for those who are on both.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2020 10:59:14 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Gayle hope all is good. I had my cataracts done years ago, I found it a very easy surgery and recovery. Year before last I had surgery for a very rare slow lymphoma in my eye. I had said for years something was off in my vision but was being told everything’s fine no changes... finally went to a different doctor, got referral to an neuro ophthalmologist , then had MRI, then sent to a surgeon. Learned you have to be pushy if doctors don’t listen!
Happily it just needed surgery to remove some growths then had 2 episodes of radiation.
Finally got my distance glasses done, was postponing it a while with Covid.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.