Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : What breed?
 Marquetry
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/29/2020 2:37:34 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post   

Hi all. Just curious about something. Do any of you know what breed is that brown and white, midsize to large dog that is showing up in so many commercials? I'm stumped.

residential
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2020 2:32:48 PM reply with quote send message to residential Object to Post

Can you give an example of a commercial the dog is in?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2020 11:21:56 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep, need more info.

I think I have seen somewhere one that might have been a German Shorthair/wirehair but it's only a glimpse and an impression, not a confirmed sighting . . .
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2020 2:38:11 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

The one where there's a little girl in a hospital bed and they bring in the dog for therapy and she lets out a squeal is one I can think of. The breed has been in others as well but I can't think of which exactly right off.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2020 4:03:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

What is the product/company name that is placing the ad, or a link to it.
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2020 2:54:59 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/InlD/pedigree-treatment

Here you go. Turns out it's a Pedigree ad.

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2020 11:39:10 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Looks like one of the collie family herding breeds, perhaps Australian Shepherd or Border Collie.

When I stop the video to have a better look it sticks buttons over the picture so it's hard to say. Those are my best guesses.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.