Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Do you show your dogs in AK?????
 McKinley View Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/30/2006 1:37:02 PM reply with quote send message to McKinley View Kennels Object to Post   

Hey, I was just wondering if u may show ur dogs in Alaska for a AM/CA.CH, cuz I'm going to get into JR Handling and would really like to know some people and possible be able to Co-own a dog from them.

Thanks so much,
Reesa happy :)
 breeder_girl
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2006 2:13:17 PM reply with quote send message to breeder_girl Object to Post

:0happy :)wink ;)angrysad :(laugh :Drazz :p. Like my rainbow?
 Lil Doxhund Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2006 9:28:17 PM reply with quote send message to Lil Doxhund Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

MAYBE but most major shows, like the Westminster Kennel Club Show, is in New York. And other "mini" shows are just about everywhere, I think.

BTW: I think this is the wrong forum. Try posting this in the American Forum happy :)
 McKinley View Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2006 1:21:07 PM reply with quote send message to McKinley View Kennels Object to Post

Well since Canada is so close to AK I thought people may go to AK shows cuz its close and they can get a AM/Can. CH!!!!!
 Lil Doxhund Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2006 4:15:16 PM reply with quote send message to Lil Doxhund Kennel Object to Post

I don't think so. People in America go to American shows to get an American Championsip. Then if they want to, they go to Canada, Japan, Australia, UK, whatever, to get that country's championships. EX: If they have an American and Canadian championship, their name will show like this: Can/Am Ch. (dog's name).
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2006 5:36:54 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

If you're pretty close to AK (vs WA), I'd go for it! Why not? Many in the lower US go across the border to get Can CH's, and many in lower Canada go down across the border to get US Chs. More fun!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.