Search

.com Forum · Great Pyrenees

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Looking to resurrect this breed
 Silver Cloud
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/12/2020 3:14:42 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Cloud Object to Post   

I'm looking to resurrect this breed and since there appears to be no active breeders, I've had to start off with starter dogs. I'm in search of any available higher quality dogs available for sale or stud. Just wondering if anyone might have an old inactive dog still sitting in their kennel that they'd be willing to part with for breeding purposes or to put up for stud for me to use.
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/12/2020 11:18:06 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

https://www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Manirak
I would private message this kennel. Not sure if they are still active- but it is still listed as a family account so they are paying the subscription fee still. Worth a shot.
 Silver Cloud
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/13/2020 2:13:16 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Cloud Object to Post

Thanks, I'll try sending a message. They have unnamed puppies that are over 480 days old so I'm not overly hopeful, but worth a shot.
 MagicWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2020 7:58:47 AM reply with quote send message to MagicWolf Object to Post

Well, I got no response so I guess I'm breeding up from starters. If anyone else is interested in joining the breed, I'm putting all my males up for stud. I have a couple of pretty decent ones (for starters). I would appreciate it if anyone else joining the breed would do the same so we can expand the gene pool. I'll also be putting old starter dogs and pups up for sale as I progress.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2020 8:09:17 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Silver Cloud
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2020 9:59:34 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Cloud Object to Post

Thanks BarStar, I contacted that kennel as well today. They have pups over 900 days old so again, not hopeful, but worth a try. I wish all these kennels that go inactive would at least leave their studs up for use . . .

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.