Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Pemis or cardis
 Apple Brook
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/17/2007 9:05:22 AM reply with quote send message to Apple Brook Object to Post   

I love Cardigan Corgis, but I posted this to see wich is more popular, the Cardigan Welsh Corgi or the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Please state your opinion.

Thanks!
 Hooded Dame Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2007 12:43:17 PM reply with quote send message to Hooded Dame Kennels Object to Post

I prefer Pembroke's simply because they are cute and I just love watching them run
 Dandylion Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2007 4:06:03 PM reply with quote send message to Dandylion Kennel Object to Post

I love Welsh's colouring!
 Rainbow Warrior
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 3:10:23 AM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Warrior Object to Post

Love our RL Pembrocks here! Great dogs to own, train, work/play with and show.

~Rainbow Warrior
 sunrise sunset kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2007 4:43:57 PM reply with quote send message to sunrise sunset kennels Object to Post

i love cardigans. they are spunky but calm. they cuddle more than pems. and i love their big ears and their doggy tail happy :)
 Brite Shining Star
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2007 12:14:24 AM reply with quote send message to Brite Shining Star Object to Post

Cardigans I have 2 in RL!!!
 Happy_Hound_Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2007 12:22:23 AM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hound_Kennel Object to Post

I prefer Pemmies.
 shortie_tall
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2007 8:31:18 AM reply with quote send message to shortie_tall Object to Post

Could anyone post a pic of the two differnt breeds?
 sunrise sunset kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2007 8:14:59 PM reply with quote send message to sunrise sunset kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I wish i could find the picture of my cardigan that went aom at westminster but I cant seem to find it, i'll dig around and look for it. here is what i could come up with.
Cardigan

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/Paisa_angel/cardiii.jpg

in motion

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/Paisa_angel/cwcgait.jpg

Pembroke

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/Paisa_angel/pembroke.jpg

in motion

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/Paisa_angel/pembrokegait.jpg

I dont know how to post the picture but just go to the links and you'll see what they're supposed to look like sorry.

Fools on the Hill
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 8:59:09 PM reply with quote send message to Fools on the Hill Object to Post

Pemmies are my favorite. I have a 1 year old Pemmie Girl on my lap now :P

Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 9:24:58 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I have one of each. Personally I love my Cardi's personality more. She's much more work oriented while my Pem is more laid back and is a great couch potatoe.
In general Pems are more popular, Cardi's are more rare (which I love!- less population= less BYB/puppy mills). Cardi's in general are healthier, Pems have more genetic issues. Most people think they are different variations of the same breed, WRONG! They are seperate breeds. Pems are related to the Schipperke and Cardigans are closest related to an extinct breed similar to the Dachshund- yup!
Here are picts of both. My Cardi is lacking in the tail area ( it broke as a pup= shorter) and my Pem is a retired Ch Show dog but is quite the elderly girl.

As you can see Cardi's and Pems are built differently. Pems are around 25pounds max for females where Cardi's are around 34 pounds max for females. Razzie is 26# and Jasmine is 32#

Razzie the Pembroke Welsh Corgi- (Pembroke- township they came from- Welsh- country- Corgi- means dwarf dog)

i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/Beautifylgirl/Dogs/Jasmine%20and%20Razzie/Razzie12-1-07copy.jpg

Jasmine the Cardigan Welsh Corgi-

s90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/Beautifylgirl/Dogs/Jasmine%20and%20Razzie/?action=view&current=1180567211.pbw

i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/Beautifylgirl/Dogs/Jasmine%20and%20Razzie/Razzie12-1-07copy.jpg

Brittany
Beautifulbitches
 Beautifulbitches
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 9:25:49 PM reply with quote send message to Beautifulbitches Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

LOL that was me above.
The picts of Razzie where when I first got her and she is a little portly in those picts around 30#, she's now much more svelt
 Avanka
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 9:50:38 PM reply with quote send message to Avanka Object to Post

Cardigans!!
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2008 2:34:05 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Adorable pics on photobucket!!! I have a Pem in real life too. My favorite would have to be the Pem.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class