Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

FLYINGDOGKENNEL
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2007 6:50:16 PM reply with quote send message to FLYINGDOGKENNEL Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

To everyone on here saying neutering
CAN NOT/DOES NOT cause aggression:

<<A recent report of the American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation reported significantly more behavioral problems in spayed and neutered bitches and dogs. The most commonly observed behavioral problem in spayed females was fearful behavior and the most common problem in males was aggression.(12)

I'm not saying it happens everytime (I have had males that prove that) but yes it can happen(I also own a dog to prove that)...as may very well be the case with this persons former dog. With this said...my males will continue to be neutered if not being bred or shown.
 RedHotDobe
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2007 9:03:40 PM reply with quote send message to RedHotDobe Object to Post

I just have to say, that where I live, you technically can't take a bitch in heat outside. I think it would be obvious, even without rules in place, that you shouldn't be taking one to a public dog park.
 rachel
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2007 4:27:06 AM reply with quote send message to rachel Object to Post

posted by FLYINGDOGKENNEL
To everyone on here saying neutering
CAN NOT/DOES NOT cause aggression:

<<A recent report of the American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation reported significantly more behavioral problems in spayed and neutered bitches and dogs. The most commonly observed behavioral problem in spayed females was fearful behavior and the most common problem in males was aggression.(12)

I'm not saying it happens everytime (I have had males that prove that) but yes it can happen(I also own a dog to prove that)...as may very well be the case with this persons former dog. With this said...my males will continue to be neutered if not being bred or shown.

Sorry to hijack a thread (and FWIW I agree with everyone saying to get the bitch to a vet and spay her) but that's interesting FDK, do you have a link to the report, or any other info about it? Please e-m me if you do (and if you don't mind doing so), thanks very much in advance happy :)

< Off to google it.
 Heartland KNU Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2007 3:48:57 PM reply with quote send message to Heartland KNU Kennels Object to Post

I also find this very interesting. Would you mnd sending me the link as well FDK?

KNU
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2007 4:38:18 PM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

I am at a friends but when I get home I will answer all of your questions. Also my Mum wouldn't let the dog out of site in a park. Sophie tends to stay near whoever is walking her!
 mufan
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2007 7:58:04 PM reply with quote send message to mufan Object to Post

Let us know if she is pregnant!!
 Diamonte Kate Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 5:28:39 AM reply with quote send message to Diamonte Kate Kennels Object to Post

Me and my mum were just talking. And we realised she could of got pregnant the night she went missing - we found her at someones house, but they had a male collie. They seemed to get on well...
She is going to the vets this week anyway for a check-up, so I will ask then...

Lauren of -Dkk-
 Tit for Tat
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 5:56:56 AM reply with quote send message to Tit for Tat Object to Post

posted by Diamonte Kate Kennels
Alot of people have asked us in the past if we will breed her as they want a pup of hers - as her temprement is unaturally good! So finding a home for them would not be a problem.
A few months ago at the vets we saw some little cavalier pups in a carrier, they were about 1 week old. And we had a chat with them as we were considering getting one when they reached 8 weeks. They opened the carrier so we could have a look at the puppies. Sophie imediantley leapt onto the chair next to the chair that the cage was on and started licking them and be motherley. Their own dam licked them once and walked off - so Sophie would be motherly so she would look after them.

The people asking you about breeding your bitch are not asking you to breed her with Joe Blow's dog down the street; they're talking about purebred puppies. Try not to forget that.....they're not looking to have a mix breed.
You have not answered the question as to whether your bitch was in season when she got out, or when your mom took her to the park. Do you know for a fact that she was even able to get to the collie down the street? I would certainly have an x-ray done on her if she is past the 48 day, before that she would have to have a sonagram done to see if there is a heartbeat. After the 48 day the spine is developed enough to show up on x-rays. Good Luck.
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 6:11:01 AM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

She is in season now. Yes she did have access to the collie as she went missing and we eventually found her in someones house and they had a male border collie.
I will keep you all updated but unfortunetely if she is pregnant we are going to spay her as we think it is to much to put her though.
Lauren
 Tit for Tat
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 6:25:52 AM reply with quote send message to Tit for Tat Object to Post

I'd get an x-ray. If she's in season NOW than she would not have been bred a month or two ago. Do you breed dogs; I mean do you and your family understand how seasons work; She wouldn't be in season now if she's been bred. That's not making any sense at this point. There could be other reasons why she's doing the things she's doing.
 Diamonte Kate Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 10:49:05 AM reply with quote send message to Diamonte Kate Kennels Object to Post

Atleast I think she is in season...
 Tit for Tat
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2007 11:01:48 AM reply with quote send message to Tit for Tat Object to Post

What makes you think she's in season? Does she have a discharge or not?
 Diamonte Kate Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2007 10:35:53 AM reply with quote send message to Diamonte Kate Kennels Object to Post

posted by Tit for Tat
What makes you think she's in season? Does she have a discharge or not?
I don't know... My mum said she was in season but I don't think she is...

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.