Search

.com Forum · Afghan Hound

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Resetting? Who's with me?
 KyanKennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2021 3:48:39 PM reply with quote send message to KyanKennel Object to Post   

I had been in Afghans in this game off and on since the mid-00s in various other kennels. They are my breed, but they have become a bit stale since everyone has gotten to 100 SOP.

Who's up for resetting the breed?

I spent my source dogs on Afghans. Here's my male up for stud if anyone wants to!

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17785340
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2021 11:05:31 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

What is your Afghan kennel? They are also my primary breed (and I showed them in RL during the 70's and 90's). I am currently going source for blues.

Re a reset. I don't know how I feel about it. I admit that now so many of my breeds have reached 100, there isn't much challenge to breeding anymore. But it would be weird to have to start over. I have mixed feelings about it.
 KyanKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/29/2021 4:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to KyanKennel Object to Post

I forget what my main AH kennel was back in the day, but my most current kennel that I bred Afghans in was Mozaar.

I can understand the hesitation; I just think it would be more fun. Especially for those that want to get back into them competitively as you said there's no point breeding them anymore as everyone has gotten to 100 SOP. It's a big accomplishment, but what's next? :P

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.