Search

.com Forum · German Shepherd Dog

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Why?
 ambertal
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/19/2021 4:06:10 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post   

Why are blues & livers show colors in this game?

They shouldn't be! They're not showable in ANY conformation ring!
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2021 11:24:21 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

I don't think white Boxers are showable either and they are in here.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2021 9:35:50 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Coat color was never incorporated into game play.

Will
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2021 1:03:44 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

posted by Aldeberan
I don't think white Boxers are showable either and they are in here.

And they shouldn't be! They're not breeding quality, so WHY are they show quality?

It doesn't make any sense.
 Azalea Hill
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2021 7:20:59 PM reply with quote send message to Azalea Hill Object to Post

Colors are set up to give you what the genetics allow.

Genetically it's possible to have white boxers, white GSDs. Merle to Merle breedings resulting in double dilutes - etc

In the game there are no DQs and there are no health issues so all colors are allowed because it quite simply makes no difference when you're dealing with pixel pups.
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2021 7:33:22 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

White German Shepherds are allowed to show in UKC conformation shows.

Plus - it's just a masking gene in the breed.
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2021 3:58:50 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

posted by BarStar

Will

Yep, SD does not have accepted coat colors or patterns like the AKC and Canadian KC.

In Danes we have colors that are not accepted by the AKC but are on here. Recently the merle was accepted for showing in AKC as it has been the foundation for many harlequin lines. I show Harls in real life.

Thankfully though, when we did Doberman genetics on here we all agreed to leave out the Albino mutation.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2021 10:09:54 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I know some folks give Jeff crap for not working on the game much these days. But I gotta say, We were extremely lucky to get something as intensive and detailed like coat color added back when we did.

When I was dabbling in the breeds with color faults, I just used those for breeding and only showed the approved colors when it mattered to me.

Will
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2022 5:27:57 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

posted by Equity Danes
posted by BarStar

Will

Yep, SD does not have accepted coat colors or patterns like the AKC and Canadian KC.

In Danes we have colors that are not accepted by the AKC but are on here. Recently the merle was accepted for showing in AKC as it has been the foundation for many harlequin lines. I show Harls in real life.

Thankfully though, when we did Doberman genetics on here we all agreed to leave out the Albino mutation.

The blue merle Great Dane isn't showable. It's supposed to be Fawn merle. Even the parent club hasn't updated the color breeding chart for the breed.
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2022 4:57:08 PM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

posted by ambertal
posted by Equity Danes
posted by BarStar

Will

The blue merle Great Dane isn't showable. It's supposed to be Fawn merle. Even the parent club hasn't updated the color breeding chart for the breed.

You are incorrect. It is showable, I've been showing them in confirmation...the fawn merle and other colors are not accepted and are considered mismarks and will be disqualified if entered. The "blue Merle" is actually grey, is a recent acceptance. I know my breed.

edited to add the links to the Great Dane Club of America...

https://gdca.org/the-great-dane/illustrated-standard/

Merle:
Color - A pale gray to dark gray merle base color with black torn patches within.

-----
Last edited by Equity Danes on 6/27/2022 5:02:32 PM

-----
Last edited by Equity Danes on 6/27/2022 5:09:18 PM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.