Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Feeding and Sessioning
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/23/2021 8:50:05 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post   

I wrote this up for someone but then thought maybe other new folks might find it useful too, so here goes . . .
------------------------------

If you go to "My Account" (top left under your name) and select "Create Rations" you can create both a puppy and adult formula.

The most popular one and the most effective as far as I know is 1777.

There is also a "Bulk Feeding Tool" which will change everone to specific rations based on their age bracket.

The "Set Puppy Ration" will put all puppies at birth on the specified ratio so yo don't have to worry about them not being on good food at birth and forgetting. You can manually change individuals to other rations as youwish.

When you create rations, the ! is for medications which are not needed - our dogs never get sick. Ut was to be added but users at the time did not want their pretebd dogs to get sick (enough of that in real life). We use the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 to reference the ingredient level - Low is "1", Medium would be "4", and high is "7".

I use a Puppy1777 and an Adult1777 and that's all. Puppies are on Puppy1777 until day 14. then they go to Adult1777. You can fiddle with it if you like but I find this works well.

Hope that helps. Questions? Just ask!

Good feeding makes sessions more effective - I believe you should use both. That said, Food does not help with training - that you have to just session for. Condition depends on the food only. Coat and Muscle are impacted by both food and sessioning.

PetHouse will keep the numbers stable if you wish to change to a cheaper food once all numbers are 20's.

Note - The cost of food is "per bag" not per dog. The cost will vary with the breed.
 CandyTwo
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2021 4:22:38 PM reply with quote send message to CandyTwo Object to Post

Thank you for the explanation.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2021 7:51:50 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I do the same. 1777 either puppy or adult. Once dogs 3 - 20’s and lower Obedience, I switch off to PH for Adults to save money.
I rarely need the Adult 1777 unless I buy a dog older than 14 days that I want to show or, if the Dam had low Conditioning, her litter might need Adult 1777 after day 14.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.