Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Badminton Horse Trials
 Kliazma
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/5/2007 9:09:34 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post   

So who's watching it and who are you supporting?
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2007 9:23:48 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

I personally love the german's grey horse. Such a brilliant giver!

But otherwise Im supporting Jenatte and Over To You.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2007 10:48:43 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I can't believe we lost two horses...

What a freak accident.

-- Edited to include the following.

In case you didn't know.

'Sadly two horses have died during cross-country day at The Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials.

The first Skwal (no 19) the ride of Andrew Downes (GBR) jumped the course and finished. He collapsed after leaving the main arena with a probable heart attack.

The second horse Icare D’Auzay (no.40) ridden by the experienced French rider Jean-Lou Bigot had a freak accident. The horse broke a flag which severed an artery. Despite emergency treatment on course and after being transported to a local centre of Veterinary Excellence he could not be saved.

Contrary to anxiety before the cross-country about the ground, the great effort put in by the Badminton management produced an excellent track with 43 completions, 33 clear rounds – 18 within the time.'

gr8_dane_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2007 10:45:42 AM reply with quote send message to gr8_dane_kennels Object to Post

I went there! it was so sad when he came down on the flag (we were by the jump). My mum is an equine vet and she didn't think the horse would make it sad :(

Its a tough game....
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2007 1:44:31 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

I didn't see the accident, Im so glad I didn't.

He was only 11!
 gr8_dane_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2007 10:24:47 AM reply with quote send message to gr8_dane_kennels Object to Post

exactly my point!
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2007 1:43:38 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Does anyone know how old Skwall was?
 Cavalier Kingdom
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2007 1:16:40 PM reply with quote send message to Cavalier Kingdom Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

i wasnt there but i saw the accident but didnt know D'Auzay died till i read the forum. and i didnt even know about the other horse. it was a great finish to the jumping career for over to you though dont you think? okay, so maybe i will just breed and ride horses (and do a few small shows) when i grow up so i dont risk losing my best horses.

And i looked on the badminton website but couldnt find out how old skwal was.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2007 4:56:46 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Ok thanks.

I was so happy Over To You did so well, since he's now retiring.

What an amazing horse he is.

Cavalier Kingdom
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2007 3:11:15 PM reply with quote send message to Cavalier Kingdom Object to Post

i heard an interview with pippa funnell and she said that she got to warm up Over To You while the owner was getting ready and she was so pleased that she got to ride the famous Over To You
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2007 3:38:14 PM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Haha yeah he is an amazing horse.

Truely brilliant!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.