Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : GCH points not awarded?
 CoffieDog
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/26/2022 8:27:23 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Did anyone else not have points awarded for the "Hamos Hounds The Festival 29" show today? My dog took 2nd in Breed and should have gotten some GCH points I believe but was not awarded anything. And when I look at his show record the show appears as if it has not been judged (it still shows "view current entries" and "withdraw from show $25 fee" links). Anyone else having this issue or has had an issue like this?

-----
Last edited by CoffieDog on 1/26/2022 9:20:53 PM
 CityofDetroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2022 8:47:29 PM reply with quote send message to CityofDetroit Object to Post

The points are awarded and they are correct. The only way to win GCh points is to win Best of Breed or Best of opposite sex. Second in breed will not afford GCh points. He’s a link for further reference.
https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=94

Sometimes it can be confusing keeping it straight but the Help section usually has some good references! Best of luck in your future shows! But also I think the judge may have been drunk in that show another starter dog win!
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
1/26/2022 9:20:05 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

Ohhhh, I did not realize that, thanks for letting me know ^^" I thought "2nd in breed" was like the equivalent of "Select" or "Award of Merit" in AKC shows (which does award GCH points).

It's still strange though that the show appears glitched in the show record as if it hasn't happened yet.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.