Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Tawny
 El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/16/2022 8:45:09 AM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:08:54 AM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 12:45:22 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

What breed?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 1:30:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Tawny is listed as a colour for several breeds and it may indicate different genetic conditions in different breeds.

To me tawny is in the red/yellow/cream series, mostly in the middle range. I wouldn't usually include Isabella which to me is a blue-liver dd/bb - sort of a silvery grey (Weimaraner). I usually visualize tawny with a modest amount of sabling but that's just perhaps my mental picture.

My first run-in with "tawny" was many years ago when I was asked to do a model of a Briard in tawny, so that tends to be my visual center place - lol.
 El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 4:20:53 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:09:00 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2022 1:56:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Interesting . . .

You are probably right about the Neo - it does look like their tawny is a b/b,d/d. There seem to be a few breeds that refer to this as Isabella.

Now if memory serves me correct, I have read that the term "Isabella" was first applied to what we usually think of as palomino in horses. There was a Queen Isabella way. way back who favoured horses of this colour. The typical Palomino colour in horses is the result of the recessive alleles in the C series acting on a chestnut horse.

El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2022 7:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:09:07 AM
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2022 2:35:28 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

Late to the party but depending on the breed it may mean a liver pigmented red.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.