Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Alaskan Malamute Questions
 Partridge Place Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/28/2022 1:42:26 PM reply with quote send message to Partridge Place Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

So, I'm a BIG newbie, have .01% idea of what i'm doing.
Also sorry if I offended anybody here or elsewhere.
So I bred my Blue Sable and White Bitch KOG Blue Beach (Blue) to Double S kennel's 2xS Blue and White Chaos and Conflict.
#1 What colors do you think I will get.
#2 Was this a good idea?
#3 Probability of getting high GQ pups.
#4 Your probability of getting one of the Offspring.
#5 I really Really need a Alaskan Mal mentor.
#6 Would anybody be willing to do custom breedings for me.
Thanks a TON!
Partridge Place Kennels
Home of the #5 Alaskan Malamute and high quality Belgian Tervurens

Also, you have probably seen this before and are tired of it but..
My Irish Setter(Partridge Place's A Romp in Red 98.20 GQ) needs a new home. I really don't want to FH him, but someone needs to buy him soon..

If you are still reading, Thanks. I mean it.

-----
Last edited by Partridge Place Kennel on 2/28/2022 1:43:25 PM
 Phantasm
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2022 1:48:48 PM reply with quote send message to Phantasm Object to Post

Currently our highest sop is 99.70. The colors you may get will probably end up being Sable although recessive genes can sometimes become dominant and show up. You may get some blues out of that but I wouldn't be surprised if not. You have a good chance of getting good sop dogs from the ones you bred, but nothing is certain. I end up with the oddball litters so that's normal. I also have Tervs in Rivers_Edge happy :)
 Partridge Place Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2022 1:57:47 PM reply with quote send message to Partridge Place Kennel Object to Post

posted by Phantasm
Currently our highest sop is 99.70. The colors you may get will probably end up being Sable although recessive genes can sometimes become dominant and show up. You may get some blues out of that but I wouldn't be surprised if not. You have a good chance of getting good sop dogs from the ones you bred, but nothing is certain. I end up with the oddball litters so that's normal. I also have Tervs in Rivers_Edge happy :)
Thanks! So probably sable? Sable in what color? Thanks a bunch! happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2022 4:33:58 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome to the game.

I don't have Mals but if you click on the breed name, this will take you to the breed page.

To the right of the picture is a list of the colours supported on the game for this breed and at the bottom of that list is a link to the pictures for the breed - although a smaller version.

If you are into the genetics stuff, a little further down you will see "Color Genes" which will show you how you might colour breed, if you are into that sort of thing.

You can also search the internet for "Alaskan Malamute colors" and you should find some real dog photos of some or all of the colours possible on ShowDog.

Hope that helps.
 Partridge Place Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2022 5:11:36 PM reply with quote send message to Partridge Place Kennel Object to Post

Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.