Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Judge must have been nipping the bottle
 Lowchens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/14/2022 5:47:11 PM reply with quote send message to Lowchens Object to Post   

I am surprised that my dog went Best In Show last night as there were far better ones being shown
But I am very happy!
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Treun%20Spring%20Show%2026
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2022 6:01:58 PM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Sometimes there’s the element of sheer luck in the algorithm that just gives weirdo results sometimes. Aka maybe a drunk judge! Keeps us on our toes!
But actually with this judge it does make some sense as he “ Thinks dogs should be compared to how good they are vs the rest of their breed rather than overall quality vs all dogs”. So he’s more so being compared to the other dogs of his breed verses the other dogs SOP.
Congratulations!

-----
Last edited by ReginaKennels on 4/14/2022 6:05:42 PM
 Lowchens
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2022 6:32:02 PM reply with quote send message to Lowchens Object to Post

Or maybe Judge Richard Mitchell has a secret love
for Yvette Glover and he was hoping to get together with her later but Yvette had other things to do after the show like getting her clients dogs ready for the next show and she had already promised to meet with Julie Patton later that night
LOL
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2022 9:58:05 PM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

^ also a valid explanation!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.