.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2007 1:39:54 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

Well done Jill, you've qualified for Crufts which is more than my "gundog" (who doesn't like mud between her toes) has done.
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2007 1:39:54 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

Well done Jill, you've qualified for Crufts which is more than my "gundog" (who doesn't like mud between her toes) has done.
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2007 3:07:07 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

What breed is your gundog?

AMGR
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2007 4:14:55 PM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

Bless her, I expect she is a dog that walks round puddles when u take her out for a walk !
Luckily showing in mud is quite rare so hopefully at ur next champ show it will be dryer under foot !!
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2007 3:14:05 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

She's a Hungarian Vizsla.
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2007 3:14:05 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

She's a Hungarian Vizsla.
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2007 3:39:57 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

Oh if I took my golden to a show he would be jumping in the mud! But he's retired but he jumps in the mud
at home!

AMGR
 jilldane
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 5:23:27 AM reply with quote send message to jilldane Object to Post

I was at the WKC

and Flame got 2 1 sts

she only needs 8 points now for her junior warrent
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 5:47:30 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

Congratshappy :) how was the weather?

AMGR
 jilldane
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 8:35:15 AM reply with quote send message to jilldane Object to Post

lol wet very very wet,

the rings where in the tents but the ground so so wet people where slipping over in the ring.

i think at least 7 went over
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/24/2007 11:33:47 AM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

That's great Jill, congrats!

Soo....SKC, City of Birmingham, Richmond, Darlington, Driffield, Belfast, Midland Counties or LKA anyone? laugh :D

I will be at Richmond and should be at Midland Counties and LKA. All on toy day.

I almost did City of Birmingham but decided with Richmond only a week after I'd opt for an open show that weekend, so we shall be going to Monmouth instead! All the others are too far for me.

I'd really love to get Solei qualified for Crufts so we shall see, fingers crossed. He hasn't done any champ shows yet this year and we only have four chances left (we have a breed club champ show as well as the three general ones)
 jilldane
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 2:00:45 PM reply with quote send message to jilldane Object to Post

doing city of birmingham, richmond, belfast and midland
 jilldane
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 2:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to jilldane Object to Post

and lka
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 3:50:11 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

May go to city of Birmingham just to watch forgot to enter...

AMGR
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2007 9:36:48 AM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

At Richmond in a couple of weeks
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/8/2007 5:19:22 AM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

How did you get on at City of Birmingham Jill? I hope you have a good day at Richmond today. And good luck on Sunday curlypup happy :)

My gosh it was hot yesterday. I was showing Solei at a champ show for the first time, of course we ended up in the biggest class of the day - 21! Nothing like breaking me in gently laugh :D

Because it was such a big class we were hanging about in the ring for ages in full (very hot) sun. They lined us up numerically and we were about 3rd from the end so by the time it was our turn he was so hot and tired. Doesn't help himself, I try and shade him but he won't stay in my shadow! Never the less he pulled it together and showed beautifully until I had to stand him at the end where he was too hot and tired and although stood really nicely wouldn't keep his tail up for longer than a second. I was doing an interesting dance trying to keep him moving so it would be up when the judge was looking at him and feeling like a right prat! laugh :D
Solei didn't place but it was a big class and he was the only Phalene so maybe not his cup of tea.

And I actually ended up showing twice - my friends have a 17mth old tri Pap who's always been very fond of me. I've shown him once before at a club open show and we just clicked.

In his last three or four shows he's been badly spooked (just really bad luck, it'll be when he's on the table that someone drops a bench nearby, for example) and he's now very jumpy and looking for something scary to happen.

So as he's got such a good relationship with me they thought if he would show well for anyone it would be me, and a change of handler might help too. So I took him in for Junior Dog. Nine entered and he got a 3rd!

I didn't know that I was showing him until Minor Puppy had started so I really enjoyed it, nice bonus happy :) The last time I showed him I didn't know I was showing him until just before his class either, it just seems to happen laugh :D

I said I was going to qualify for Crufts and I did it - just a pity I qualified the wrong dog! laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.