Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Ration Question
 Fallen Irish Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/18/2022 6:40:57 PM reply with quote send message to Fallen Irish Kennel Object to Post   

When using custom rations, we probably all know that our dogs’ conditions rise much faster. Once the condition is at 20, even though the dog is not fully sessioned, do the custom rations help the other traits rise quicker or does that only work on condition? I’ve been taking my dogs off custom rations once they reach 20 condition, but I am wondering if they’d session faster if I left them on until all numbers are at 20s. Thanks for any help.

—Saoirse, West Belfast
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/18/2022 7:35:42 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Yes, a 1777 ration is what I use on all puppies that I am going to show.

I use a 1171 on future broods to get condition to 20 as that affects the condition of those whelped.

What does each ingredient do?
Medicine/Vaccines - Helps the health of your dogs
Protein - Helps the muscle tone of your dogs
Fat - Helps the condition of your dogs
Vitamin E - Improves the coat of your dogs
Medicine/Vaccines can stay at 1 as that was never added to game play.

All HIGH on protein, fat, and vitamin E helps get dogs to 20-20-20 condition/muscle tone/coat condition faster along with sessioning.

Show obedience varies based on the breed.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/18/2022 8:47:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

Yes, 1777 as long as you are sessioning.

I can actually quit sessioning once they get about 17 or 18 in coat and muscle. Keeping them on 1777 until the training is complete I find that the coat and muscle will reached 20 on their own. Good food is cheaper than sessions at least it is for my breeds . . .

I worked some of it out:

This kennel has 76 adult dogs (75 cockers, 1 Dachshund)
All are on Adult 1777
The daily feed bill is $149.04.
That's $1.96 / dog / day.

If you sell those sessions they fetch $5 each, usually.
If you use them, and you are sessioning all 3 factors,
that's a $15 value per dog.

Food for thought . . .

A comparison of how long sessioning takes in both cases might also be worth looking into for a more complete picture.

PetHouse-Adult is $1.00 /day (This in an old note in this kennel.)

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 7/18/2022 10:26:57 PM
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2022 1:05:11 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Oh that poor little Dachshund. LOL. Do you have to pay for extra slots? How much is it, I can't remember.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2022 12:29:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yeah, he's an old guy at 733. I found him languishing away. He's wildboar colour in an otherwise exceedingly monochrome chocolate/tan breed with a still reasonable SOP.

He's available for stud!

(I think it's a flaw in the system - I can't breed anymore cuz I'm overstocked but I can keep buying more. I can't however show those that I "legally" bred while still under the limit.)

No, I didn't buy extra slots. They are $5 each (real money) and you can only buy 5. I'd soon have those 5 full and be in the same situation.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 7/19/2022 12:35:06 PM

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler