Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Leeds Dog Show
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/22/2007 12:04:29 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post   

How did everyone that went do?
I didn't go I went to look at a litter of pups insteadrazz :p

AMGR
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2007 10:05:07 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

I got second in Limit Bitch (behind the Reserve CC winner) with my Pharaoh Hound.
The best part was that someone who always expects to win came last (and she is such a bad loser!)
We had the Reserve CC at Birmingham and keep hoping for an improvement. Our next championship show is WKC on 17th August. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Pam
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2007 10:05:07 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

I got second in Limit Bitch (behind the Reserve CC winner) with my Pharaoh Hound.
The best part was that someone who always expects to win came last (and she is such a bad loser!)
We had the Reserve CC at Birmingham and keep hoping for an improvement. Our next championship show is WKC on 17th August. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Pam
 honcho
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2007 10:17:30 AM reply with quote send message to honcho Object to Post

OK stupid question what is a CC?
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2007 1:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

posted by honcho
OK stupid question what is a CC?
Champion Certificate if you win three by three different judges the dog becomes a champion.
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2007 1:20:16 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

Good luck for wkc i'm going to watch on gundog dayhappy :)

AMGR
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2007 7:28:53 AM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

Congratulations Pam!

CC stands for Challenge Certificate. They're only awarded at Championship Shows BUT not every breed will have CCs available at every Championship Show.

Where there are CCs on offer the Best Dog and Best Bitch will each win a CC, though the judge has the right to withhold them if s/he doesn't feel any of the dogs are worthy. There are also RCCs (Reserve Challenge Certificates) given to the second best dog and second best bitch. They basically state that if for some reason the CC winner was DQd (not that it ever usually happens!) the RCC winner is worthy of being awarded the CC.

Though the exception to that is I believe in some of the numerically small breeds there may only be one CC awarded at some shows - so there will be a Best Dog and Best Bitch the same but then they will compete for Best of Breed and only the BOB winner will get the CC.
Or at least they were trialing that out, having (usually) the second largest entry in our group, it's not an issue for me wink ;) So I don't know that much about it and I could be wrong.

So yes, then to become a Champion you need to win three CCs under three different judges with at least one CC being awarded after 1 year (? Think it's a year...) of age. Some breeds only become a Show Champion (Sh Ch) and have to get working awards to become a full Ch.

Of course the fun part is once a dog becomes a champion they don't stop winning CCs wink ;) Which is why it's so difficult to make up a champion over here. When you consider there are only 27 general championship shows a year (including Crufts) in the UK, plus any breed or group championship shows, and the champions can keep winning the CCs....
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2007 8:10:04 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

Thanks
Pharaoh Hounds are one of the breeds that has a BOB CC at four shows - WELKS, EOE, Darlington and Midland Counties. There are many people in the breed who are complaining about it and think we should have reduced entry fees.
However having shown Irish Setters in the past and also Vizslas at the moment, Irish Setter exhibitors could justifiably argue that why should they pay the same for a one in 150-200 chance of getting a CC compared to a 1 in 20-30 with a Pharaoh Hound.
 Ranchstar
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2007 8:10:04 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstar Object to Post

Thanks
Pharaoh Hounds are one of the breeds that has a BOB CC at four shows - WELKS, EOE, Darlington and Midland Counties. There are many people in the breed who are complaining about it and think we should have reduced entry fees.
However having shown Irish Setters in the past and also Vizslas at the moment, Irish Setter exhibitors could justifiably argue that why should they pay the same for a one in 150-200 chance of getting a CC compared to a 1 in 20-30 with a Pharaoh Hound.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.