Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Anyone flooded?
 duckberry
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/28/2007 3:10:42 PM reply with quote send message to duckberry Object to Post   

We had water 8 inches deep,but my friend's Mum and sister were flooded out so they have three adults,one child and two dogs living in a one room house.

Dogfather Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2007 4:33:08 PM reply with quote send message to Dogfather Kennels Object to Post

We are on the other end of the spectrum. My state is under constant seige of fire. We have been bumped up to a level 5 fire danger which means 1)there aren't enough firemen to fight the fires currently burning 2)we now will be flying international crews in and using national guard firemen 3)the amount of acres lost has hit 1 million. So a little water would be nice. Too bad we can't take some of yours and then we'd all be in a better situation.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2007 3:43:47 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Ooohhh you should just take all our excess water.

Luckily, where I live in Cornwall, *touch wood* we haven't been hit by any floods at all. Lots of rain though, must have good drainage! Hahaha
 Jessie and Kellys Collies
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2007 4:29:45 AM reply with quote send message to Jessie and Kellys Collies Object to Post

None Here!

Wayward Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2007 6:33:54 PM reply with quote send message to Wayward Kennels Object to Post

Are all your animals ok?

Went to Gloucester last week to pick up a puppy..... it was terrible. All those farms without running water too.... a logistical nightmare even if they were lucky enough to have an on farm supply. We know some-one who lost an entire season of lambs and a large proportion of his ewes..... must have been heartbreaking.

At least in the UK the rescue services were letting people take their pets out with them when they were evacuated and we didn't end up with a dog situation like in the US a while back.
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2007 10:21:51 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

Just really muddy when the floods were here but I went on holiday to cornwall and our caravan pitch was really muddy.

AMGR
 Tonic
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2007 10:56:32 AM reply with quote send message to Tonic Object to Post

Were having huge thunderstorms, that raises the humidity, then we have heat index of 117-125 Degrees F.. I hate rain in the summer, good luck to all whos flooded, Missouri River flooded a few months back, I know how bad flooding is, good luck with your dogs all of you!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.