Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Schedule of Points
 Ranchstars
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/1/2022 5:59:03 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post   

I have been very busy for the last few months so have hardly entered any shows.
In September I entered just 2 shows yet 5 dogs/bitches are needed to get 3 points. It's been the same for several months.
Clearly there's a glitch in the system but no wonder there's no interest in showing Vizslas from other kennels.
Should I just ditch Vizslas?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2022 10:21:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Try enterimg 1 or 2 dogs in as many shows as you can for the rest of the month. That should bring the schedule down for the next month or just enter the required 5 dogs yourself. Different judges will usually place the same dogs differently.

I think one-colour breeds have a disadvantage when it comes to popularity. I've been working a bit with Weimaraners - same problems.

I can try to add a Viz or two to my string if you add a Weim! Lol!
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2022 7:50:07 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Gallon's advice is sound.

You raised your point scale by entering one show a night. The system only counts shows with entries towards calculating the point scale.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2022 7:50:29 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Gaylan's advice is sound.

You raised your point scale by entering one show a night. The system only counts shows with entries towards calculating the point scale.

Will

Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2022 5:51:50 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

That's helpful.
When I have time I might enter dogs in shows for a few days in advance but then get busy and not have time to add to my entries.
I haven't entered any Vizslas yet this month so hopefully that will bring the numbers down. I'll make sure I only enter a day at a time to make sure I have more dogs in less shows and see if that helps.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/8/2022 3:48:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

You want to enter MORE shows not less. The game only counts shows with entries towards the average. So if you enter 8 show over the entire month, It will only use the entries for those shows.

So lets say you enter 10 shows for the entire month.

You enter 5 shows with 4 females per show.
You enter the other 5 shows with 1 female per show.

You will have an average of 2.5 females per show and it should push your point scale down.

You enter 10 shows with 4 females per show. Your average will be 4 females per show and your scale may possibly go up a little.

Hope this helps explain it kinda. LOL

My tip is enter the smallest major number you can in one show a night and then single entry in ALL the other shows that night. It will help keep your point scale under control.
That being said... if your point scale is way out of control, you may just have to focus on single entries on most nights and just maybe build one big major a week or so until the next month to get your scale down.

Will

Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2022 3:56:58 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

I've had another busy month so I deliberately didn't campaign my Vizslas. No one else campaigns Vizslas. There were no Vizsla entries in any shows during October, including SDWC today.
The schedule of points is still 2, 4, 5. There is no logical reason for this so I'm giving up on Vizslas.
 SiberianKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2022 8:39:49 PM reply with quote send message to SiberianKennel Object to Post

If there were absolutely no entries I think the show schedule may just duplicate? Not sure but I think that’s the case. It’s calculated by average of dogs in shows entered so if no dogs are entered there’s nothing to calculate. Shows with no breed entries will not count towards it.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2022 8:38:10 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What Siberian said. The system needs an average to calculate so not entering last month did not help or hurt the schedule.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 11/1/2022 8:38:21 AM
 Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2022 6:39:15 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

OK, I'll try entering this month

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.