.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2022 10:38:19 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

In RL I am a dog groomer and own a staffie mutt called Officer Dibble!
 Shadowsong Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2022 11:06:14 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowsong Kennels Object to Post

I love hearing about everyone that’s been involved in dog showing as it’s been a dream of mine! I’ve wanted to show aussies and goldens since I was 11 years old, but unfortunately that dream is going to have to wait as I am currently in university and am unsure what I will do afterwards. However, I did finally get to spectate my first dog show this past summer and met several wonderful dogs and handlers who were very kind and welcoming.

I currently have three dogs that I own and train with my parents. I have a 2 almost 3 year old Miniature American Shepherd who has titles in dock diving, agility, and fastcat and has his trick dog champion title. I’m hoping to do rally, barnhunt, scent work, and altered conformation with him in UKC after I graduate.

Our other dog is a 2 year old golden retriever (her birthday was yesterday) who has done dock diving, fastcat, scent work, and barnhunt. She will be my mom’s agility dog but I do a lot of training with her for rally and tricks.

I also have a 12 year old papillon mix who was my first agility dog that I started training when I was 10 years old. He’s now retired and enjoys life with me at school, meeting people and getting lots of attention.
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/24/2022 8:53:10 AM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

Whippets is my current real life breed.

I started with Borzoi in 1987, but chose Whippets in 1990. I have bred 20+ litters of Whippets over the years, and actually got out of the breeding and showing for about 5 years. I also did some straight racing with a few of my Whippets over the years.

I bred & owned the #1 Whippet (Zoey).
Zoey was Hound of the Year in Canada in 2003, #1 Whippet, #3 Hound & #25 All Breeds in the USA in 2005. She ended the year with 18 Best In Shows, and many Best In Specialty Shows.

The last Whippet of my lines (Vanna), passed away in May 2021. In December I purchased a new puppy from totally different lines (quite the adventure). Roxie is a character at just over a year old. She currently competes in conformation and lure coursing.

I currently live with Roxie and a Hound/Pit/Lab mix named MichelAngelo.

Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/24/2022 9:17:05 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

That is very impressive. I have friends who show Whippets. Love all sighthounds.

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.