Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : New player with some questions
 Cascabel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/7/2022 1:57:44 AM reply with quote send message to Cascabel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello to anyone that might see this!
I just joined and am intrigued but also a little lost. I've been reading the forums and help to learn what I can. I've yet to get to showing because I'm focused on raising the condition of my dogs. I only have one adult right now anyway. There are some answers I couldn't find though.

- Is there a way to change your username? I didn't realize it would appear as a kennel name and I don't want my kennel to be named Cascabel.

- How many accounts can you have?

- Do sessions rollover each day or do unused ones disappear?

- Can you only session dogs once per day?

- I am confused on how selling/buying sessions works. I think I bid on some because I started today with 20, but don't see a transaction for that. I also put 2 up for sale; will I see that money tomorrow?

- How do you make money?

Thanks in advance for any answers and tips you're willing to give!

-----
Last edited by Cascabel on 12/7/2022 2:04:49 AM
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 7:17:39 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello and welcome to the game! I will try and answer your questions best I can.

- Is there a way to change your username? I didn't realize it would appear as a kennel name and I don't want my kennel to be named Cascabel.
Sadly no, but just because it is your kennel name, doesn’t mean you need to use it as your kennel prefix. It will show up as the name for the breeder of your dogs but if you would like to use a different kennel name Prefix you are more than welcome to!

- How many accounts can you have?
You can have as many PAID subscription accounts as you want, but only ONE basic account. There are set ups in the system to monitor log in times/IP addresses so if you have multiple basic accounts you will likely be able to work with them for a bit, but eventually they will get banded rendering them unable to log in and your dogs stuck there, so all that hard work would be down the drain which would be sad.

- Do sessions rollover each day or do unused ones disappear?
Sessions do NOT roll over each day, unused ones will disappear.

- Can you only session dogs once per day?
Yes each dog can only be sessioned once per day.

- I am confused on how selling/buying sessions works. I think I bid on some because I started today with 20, but don't see a transaction for that. I also put 2 up for sale; will I see that money tomorrow?
I am pretty sure purchases sessions show up the next day, and the session you sell money will also show up the following day.

- How do you make money?
You can make money by selling sessions or selling dogs. You also can get a log in bonus- if you log in every day you will end up getting 50$ a day I believe? But be careful if you miss a day it will go back to the beginning and you will earn less until you build back up to at least 10 days in a row I believe (I am just going off memory here). You can also win money in shows. Some shows have added payouts for Best In Breed, or Best In Group, Best in Show. Monthly breed specialties also have a payout for the winner depending on entries I believe.

Welcome to show dogs, and good luck!
PS I see you are in welsh terriers- I also work with them in my other Kennel CzarinaTerriers so look forwards to seeing you in the ring! And I would be happy to help if you ever want another pup or have any more questions, just shoot me a PM!

-----
Last edited by DetroitKennel on 12/7/2022 7:20:06 AM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.