Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Raising Show Obedience
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/23/2022 2:02:41 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post   

Is there a blend of food that helps raise Show Obedience?
 313Detroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2022 2:20:36 PM reply with quote send message to 313Detroit Object to Post

No food raises sow obedience- only sessioning for training!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2022 3:19:01 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Correct. Think of Obedience and Condition at opposite ends of the scale.

Obedience is only impacted by training.

Coat is impacted by both grooming and food.

Muscle is impacted by both exercise and food.

Condition is only impacted by food.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/23/2022 3:19:56 PM
 Zimbrel
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2022 9:14:29 AM reply with quote send message to Zimbrel Object to Post

Posting from other kennel.

It seems like some of my dogs, different breed, different kennels are stuck on 17 in show obedience, and they get sessioned every day.

Thank you for the reply.
 313Detroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2022 10:14:10 AM reply with quote send message to 313Detroit Object to Post

I find that some breeds, especially terriers and some of the other “headstrong” breeds take a very long time to get obedience to 20. Just have to keep sessioning! Like in real life some breeds are easier to train than others. Even if a breed is very smart, doesn’t mean they want to listen in some cases *cough my welsh terrier growing up*.
Just keep at it it will raise. Good luck!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2022 8:57:11 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

It definitely depends on the breed characteristics in FL. I had tried some Afghans years ago in Obedience and it took forever. They are notoriously independent and a challenge to train in RL. LOL. Then I got some GSD and border collies in another kennel and it was very quick. It's one of the great things about this game.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.