Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Family memberships
 Aerostar Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/26/2023 12:01:39 PM reply with quote send message to Aerostar Kennels Object to Post   

As our breed approaches 100 SOP I decided to start some source dogs to bring back some lost colors for more interest in the genetics part of the game. This of course requires a more significant number of dogs than I normally have, and so, not wanting to give up the quality dogs I had worked so hard to develop, I decided to opt for a family subscription and put each color I am working on in a separate kennel to keep them organized better and have more dogs to work with.

Unfortunately this did not work out as I had hoped. I have had the 5 kennels for the family membership for over a week. The kennels show up at the sidebar of my regular account when I select My account. However it has been impossible to move any dogs from my primary kennel into any of the other kennels. It does not allow me to buy any dogs from anywhere. I have texted and phoned admin, but they are unable to help at this time. I know there is a limit as to how many dogs can be moved ( bought) per week or month from kennel to kennel but I don't know how to get this working at all. Could anyone who has a family membership please advise me as to how the family membership or managing multiple kennels is supposed to work.. I would greatly appreciate any input. It is hard to find specific help on this site sometimes.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2023 1:31:14 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I wish I had the answer. I know that often if I try to buy or sell a dog to a particular kennel (not one of my family kennels) it is blocked even though it might have been months since the last transaction. I have to go through several transactions even though there is no violation of the rules.

I don't know whether it's a glitch or just badly designed formulas. On the other hand, I see kennels that seem to share dogs on a regular basis. Sometimes I wonder if the coding is just slowly falling apart.

Apologies to Jeff, I know he has other things on his plate these days. It would be nice to get answers though.
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2023 2:19:17 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

From what I remember (without checking), there is a week limit and a month limit as well.

I believe the week limit is 5, but the month limit is 10. So if you've traded 10 dogs for the month you won't be able to trade more until the next month.

However I don't know if a month is "1st day of x Month" or "30 days after".
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2023 9:41:50 PM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

I do know sometimes dogs listed on approval have glitched that keeps them from selling even if you are not actually breaking any rules. Have you tried moving the five dogs permitted per week over with quick sale, not on approval? If you do it very fast shouldn’t be a worry someone will accidentally buy them.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.