Search

.com Forum · American Forum

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Anyone with family accounts...?
 Presario Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/18/2007 9:02:38 PM reply with quote send message to Presario Kennels Object to Post   

Hey, is anyone with a family subscription able to give me one of the accounts? [I contacted the admin and she said it was legal to ask and have an account from someone with a family subsciption for one of the accounts but it is not legal to ask someone for an upgrade on your account].

So? laugh :D
 Kool Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2007 9:10:44 PM reply with quote send message to Kool Dogs Object to Post

In my opinion, I find it very rude to just ask for an upgrade. People pay money out of their own pockets for upgrades. Most people who upgrade someone else feel this person really deserves it and they don't just upgrade random people on the forums.

(Coming from someone who is gratefully upgraded by a friend and doesnt feel she deserves it.)

Kool Dogs
 DHyman904
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2007 10:00:32 PM reply with quote send message to DHyman904 Object to Post

You are already a premie so why do you want another account?? Get a basic.

Perfectionist
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2007 10:02:18 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

1.Admin is a he

And, I am pretty sure you will be frowned upon for this. Its asking someone you dont even know to pay and give you money basicallywink ;)
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2007 10:51:36 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

posted by Action Dog Agility
And, I am pretty sure you will be frowned upon for this. Its asking someone you dont even know to pay and give you money basicallywink ;)
Was my thought also ADA, I know people have been banned before asking people to give their kennel subscriber level be it their kennel or giving them a nother kennel.
 Crow2008
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2007 10:57:39 PM reply with quote send message to Crow2008 Object to Post

she is not asking to be upgraded for free. She is already a paying member, and is asking if anyone has an extra kennel they don't use, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Maybe she could even take care of someone else's kennel, sometimes it might be a heavy load to carry 5 or 10 kennels (with 2 families), by yourself. She could help, by sessioning, entering shows, etc, just like an entry service...

If people don't want to give her a kennel, okay, then don't...But you don't have to jump on her for asking, If they already talked to admin and they said it was okay, then there's no rules broken...
 Jessie and Kellys Collies
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2007 8:32:55 AM reply with quote send message to Jessie and Kellys Collies Object to Post

I see what you mean Crow but I think the concept of asking random people is well... rude?. I have personally upgraded people who DESERVED it and didn't ask. I can't see why someone would ask for a free account that someone has worked hard to pay for.
 Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2007 8:47:00 AM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

First of all, it's a huge risk to the person who owns the family account to even consider this. If they mess up with the kennel they were given- it could put all their accounts in danger.

Presario-you've had your account for about a week and you've already stated you have money issues:
www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=160734

And also that you need someone else to finish your dogs:
www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=160761

Typically people use finishers simply because they don't have the time/space to do it theirselves. If you're looking for another kennel, you apparently have the time, and by looking at your kennel, you also have the space.

You need to actually take some time to learn the game better and manage your kennel rather than asking for a free kennel. Most of us had the same problems you are having when starting off- buying too many dogs and running out of money, don't have the sessions to go around to everyone who needs them, etc- but you have to run your kennel within a budget.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2007 9:16:25 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Action Dog Agility, it's probable that Laura answered in which case it was a she.

If that's what Laura said, Hmm, cause I think it's the same as asking for a basic to be upgraded, asking for an account that money was paid for.

One would hope it's not too risky to the family acc't holder if the added account gets in trouble, Jeff can track ISPs to see who all is doing the troublemaking and would know the one acct isn't the same as the other accts.
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2007 4:37:05 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

Im just saying that so she doesnt email Jeff and call him a her, just so you dont think I meant to be rude hehe ^.^
[not directed at anyone, just a side note]
 W River
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 11:03:47 AM reply with quote send message to W River Object to Post

I seem to remember a while back Jeff stating that it was against SD rules or something to that effect to ask to be upgraded by someone else or ask for a free kennel.

I actually find it hard to believe that Jeff or Laura would tell this person to go ahead and ask for someone to give you a kennel. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I find it hard to believe...

Jamie
 Tenrai
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 11:07:05 AM reply with quote send message to Tenrai Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by W River
I seem to remember a while back Jeff stating that it was against SD rules or something to that effect to ask to be upgraded by someone else or ask for a free kennel.

I actually find it hard to believe that Jeff or Laura would tell this person to go ahead and ask for someone to give you a kennel. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I find it hard to believe...

Jamie

As do I...
 staff
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
12/20/2007 1:55:32 PM reply with quote send message to staff Object to Post

That is COMPLETELY incorrect and is NOT what I said. You asked if it was alright for you to have another account on someone's family subscription and I said yes. I did NOT in any, way, shape or form tell you that you were allowed to spam for an upgrade. I am shutting down your posting rights and your account will be banned if I receive another e-mail from a family account user that you have spammed.

Laura
 Oberon Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 3:37:40 PM reply with quote send message to Oberon Kennels Object to Post

This is absolutly wrong. I have my family, in which I upgraded a good friend...not just anyone. I upgraded her because they deserved it, not because they asked me to, i asked them if they would like me to upgrade them to a premium.
 Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 5:09:27 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

Thanks for clearing all this up Laura. I remember awhile back you posted something about the risks involved when having someone you don't know on a family account and I really had doubts on you telling someone they could go around asking for free kennels.
 kmr kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 5:28:03 PM reply with quote send message to kmr kennels Object to Post

that's what i figured, was that this situation was being misconstrued by the OP. thank you for clearing this up. I would hate to see many people all of a sudden just randomly asking everyone else if they could have a kennel.
 Corren en El Bosque
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 5:34:17 PM reply with quote send message to Corren en El Bosque Object to Post

posted by Shybade
Thanks for clearing all this up Laura. I remember awhile back you posted something about the risks involved when having someone you don't know on a family account and I really had doubts on you telling someone they could go around asking for free kennels.
Shybade you are amazing! You did all that research and wow.

Schmidty:9
 thewhitewolf
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 6:05:25 PM reply with quote send message to thewhitewolf Object to Post

maybe my bro can give you one but i dont know his username right now so i'll find out for you.
 Happy_Hound_Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 6:08:34 PM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hound_Kennel Object to Post

posted by thewhitewolf
maybe my bro can give you one but i dont know his username right now so i'll find out for you.
Maybe you should read the whole thread..
 Debutante
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 6:23:56 PM reply with quote send message to Debutante Object to Post

A donated family account is the only way i will ever be able to have a better kennel so i understand where presario is coming from...

BUT i do recognize the rules and i think that presario should have gone about this a different way. i remember someone who just outright asked on a post for a family account and got banned instantly. so presario, just be careful and no matter what the situation, dont ever just ASK for one. otherwise you might get banned.

sorry i know im a basic, but i had a friend that this happened to, just thought i would add my two cents.

megan
debutante
 Stormy Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2007 6:42:34 PM reply with quote send message to Stormy Dogs Object to Post

posted by Debutante
A donated family account is the only way i will ever be able to have a better kennel so i understand where presario is coming from...

BUT i do recognize the rules and i think that presario should have gone about this a different way. i remember someone who just outright asked on a post for a family account and got banned instantly. so presario, just be careful and no matter what the situation, dont ever just ASK for one. otherwise you might get banned.

sorry i know im a basic, but i had a friend that this happened to, just thought i would add my two cents.

megan
debutante

I think it was a good thing to post. Very responsible

Schmidty:9

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Thread Closed

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.