Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Border collies, Hot or Not?
 PawsParadise
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/23/2008 9:36:57 PM reply with quote send message to PawsParadise Object to Post   

I have a real Border Collie Bitch who has won agility and I just think they are the best. If you do or do not agree explain below.
 Semiahmoo Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2008 2:25:56 PM reply with quote send message to Semiahmoo Kennel Object to Post

I'm a fan of border collies IF you have time to work them like they should be! They are high energy dogs and certainly not right for many people.

I'm an aussie fan, i've got 3 of em. I find that they know how to relax in the house more then the border collies
 breyergirl
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 5:58:09 PM reply with quote send message to breyergirl Object to Post

i think their hot because most people where i live have them
 Deep Water Wheatens
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 6:57:05 PM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Wheatens Object to Post

I certainly wouldn't call them "hot" in any sense of the word, but they're nice dogs. Pretty coats, clever, and eager to please as a rule. Too high-energy for me, though, and my sedentary lifestyle!
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 7:18:47 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

I LOVE BORDER COLLIES!! I use to have one but he wasn't neutered and got loose.... Anyways I think their GREAT dogs. When I had him I had a large yard so he got all of his exercise. He ate A LOT but he ran around so much he was skinny. He ate a lot because I actually watched how much he ate but he loved to run.
 Dyer Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2008 7:04:17 PM reply with quote send message to Dyer Dogs Object to Post

Borders are nice if they are in the right environment and worked for their purpose. They are very active-energized-just keep going and going.

Personally I think that the Aussie is what is HOT!!! Just about everywhere I go Isee them in pictures, commercials, ads,etc. They are so beautiful. I have 3,and have to agree, they DO know how to sit back and relax!
 sunrise sunset kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2008 11:50:48 PM reply with quote send message to sunrise sunset kennels Object to Post

not... I've never been a huge fan they have too much energy for my taste but they're gorgeous.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2008 12:01:40 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Stupendous dogs, very very intelligent. One of the best agility breeds. Too busy/intense for me.
 spring dune kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2008 10:37:00 AM reply with quote send message to spring dune kennel Object to Post

too much energy for me even though i had one. he was stunning as are most BCs
 PatManBC
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2008 1:20:30 PM reply with quote send message to PatManBC Object to Post

I agree that they are energetic, but I also think that a lot of it has to do with how you raise them. I bought my first boder collie a few months back, and I am absolutly in love with him. He does have a lot of energy, but he also knows when enough is enough, and he'll calm right down. I think Border Collies are HOT! But you have to have an understanding of the breed's needs, just like any other breed.
 PuppyLoveKennel<3
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2008 4:07:49 PM reply with quote send message to PuppyLoveKennel<3 Object to Post

Border collies are awesome!!! i have a male.
 Shadow Lake Rescues
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2008 7:56:54 AM reply with quote send message to Shadow Lake Rescues Object to Post

I really love them, I have 17 of them in RL, I breed them and I have a big farm and all of mine are show quaility.

Replies in this thread : 12

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.